Thread: Crew Dragon Is In Space

Default Crew Dragon Is In Space

SpaceX successfully launched Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken a few minutes ago, aboard the Crew Dragon that rode Falcon 9 into orbit, headed for the ISS.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The Launch America live stream on YouTube and other sites was fun to watch. They did a great job.

Reminded me of when I was a kid, when my elementary school teachers would bring a TV into the classroom so we could watch the Gemini and early Apollo launches. I've always been grateful that they did that for us.

It was great -- and it was neat to watch the docking this morning, too. I wish Heinlein (and a few others) could have seen this, the first commercially operated people carrier in space (other than a few light nibbles for X-prize and such).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

The head of NASA said this morning that he hoped sometime in the near future that Americans might still hitch a ride in the Soyuz capsule and perhaps a Russian, in turn, would ride up in the Dragon. Thus, the cost would then be a "wash". He also said that up until now, we paid the Russians $90 million a pop for a ride...

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    Reminded me of when I was a kid, when my elementary school teachers would bring a TV into the classroom so we could watch the Gemini and early Apollo launches. I've always been grateful that they did that for us.
    I was at Grammar School in the 60's here in the UK (I think you'd call it High School).

No TV allowed, but we had an American teacher on some sort of exchange scheme, who would come to school with a Stars & Stripes pennant in his hat after every launch.

Us kids loved it, but the Headmaster took a very dim view!

I was at Grammar School in the 60's here in the UK (I think you'd call it High School).
    Grammar school in the U.S. (often called Elementary School) is generally first through sixth grades, and in some places they add 7th and 8th. In many places Middle School is 6th through 8th, while other places Junior High School is 7th through 9th.

Thus high school is either 10th through 12th grade with a Junior High or, 9th through 12th with a Middle School.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Last time I drove through where I grew up, there are no more Jr. High Schools (7,8,9) Now all are Middle Schools What's up with that??

Am I going to lose breakfast, lunch, and dinner next?? Breakfast, dinner, supper coming up!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.