Orbx won't answer question

westway

Recently I purchased Vector, OpenLC NAmerica and OpenLC Europe, with HIGH expectations that my default scenery would show significant improvement. However this is not entirely true. What I am noticing is "bridges" where bridges are not suppose to be, in the middle of neighborhoods and fields, and the bridge surface is BLACK. Also car traffic is running across houses and wooded areas where there are no roads. Additionally in some cases some of the features of some add-on scenery has lost objects like houses and buildings. While I appreciate the overall improvement to scenery these other issues make for dysfunctional flying experiences. I had had UTUSA/Europe, but they were uninstalled to avoid any conflict with Orbx products above. So, is there a "fix" to these issues?

Your first mistake was posting this issue at their forums. Don't you know they're Gods? Any criticism/ issues/ problems are on your end, not theirs? That's why they won't answer.

Anyway, not having this product, I can't help you. Good luck though.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I just switched from FSX to P3D, and have removed all my ORBX stuff to make room for P3D, but will try to help. I would check your scenery order and confirm that there are no UT USA or Europe scenery files left over in your scenery library. You can use the scenery library option in FSX, but I would recommend the free "Scenery Config Editor" available here https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/. I am assuming you purchase the ORBX Global Range base pack as well and installed the libraries as well. These will be needed for open LC ORBX products to work properly or as it says in the ORBX manual you will have unpredictable results with ORBX scenery. If you still have issues, let us know.

John Cottreau

Recently I purchased Vector, OpenLC NAmerica and OpenLC Europe, with HIGH expectations that my default scenery would show significant improvement. However this is not entirely true. What I am noticing is "bridges" where bridges are not suppose to be, in the middle of neighborhoods and fields, and the bridge surface is BLACK. Also car traffic is running across houses and wooded areas where there are no roads. Additionally in some cases some of the features of some add-on scenery has lost objects like houses and buildings. While I appreciate the overall improvement to scenery these other issues make for dysfunctional flying experiences. I had had UTUSA/Europe, but they were uninstalled to avoid any conflict with Orbx products above. So, is there a "fix" to these issues?

Did you installe the latest Libraries and the ObjectFlow as well?

One doesn't merely install the scenery itself... and did you install FSX again, or are you relying on an uninstall for UTUSA/Europe which was known to be cludgey?

Not wishing to play devils advocate, but do the people that criticise

Orbx actually use any of there products, and if so, have they installed

them correctly along with all the other required and or recommended

scenery. I have been using Orbx products for the last 3 years, and never

really had a problem with any of them.

I have always downloaded and installed my purchased scenery via

Orbx Central, let it install it where it needs to, and used the "Terrain

Vector" tool when needed. I have made sure that I have installed

the required scenery for each area, and never fiddled with its install

location or order. I read the install manual and set the scenery as

per the manual suggestion, and adjust as required.

On the odd occasion I have had a problem, I have e-mailed Orbx

direct and received a solution promptly, so personally, I can't fault

Orbx products or support

I have flown many low and slow VFR flights over the UK, and whilst

it is not perfect in terms of road and object placement, it is extremely

good, and certainly accurate enough for me to able navigate by and

after all, it is not claiming to be "photo scenery".

For me personally, I love the difference it makes to FSX, I love the

look of the ground textures, trees etc, the airports are fantastic, and

it has never caused me a problem with frame rates.

I am not wishing to offend anybody, but I just have to "speak as I find"

cheers, stay safe.

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU Overclocked @ 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4 GB Graphics Card 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Ultra High-Performance Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder Deepcool Tesseract Mid Tower PC Case NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Professional FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

confirm that there are no UT USA...scenery files left over in your scenery library.

That may be good for a check, but I've been running ORBX and UT for years on FSX, and the only problems I ran into were which layer was shown for what, so a little careful shifting of priorities (mostly on roads) has worked well. A buddy had a similar experience to mine, but chose different tradeoffs of which roads, etc.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

That may be good for a check, but I've been running ORBX and UT for years on FSX, and the only problems I ran into were which layer was shown for what, so a little careful shifting of priorities (mostly on roads) has worked well. A buddy had a similar experience to mine, but chose different tradeoffs of which roads, etc.

Ithink this is more about the basics, Larry?