Left Hand Pattern to TEX - Honda Jet

OK, had to give it a shot. This approach is WOW! Nothing like flying inside a bowl of floating Cap'N Crunch. Didn't make in on the first approach. Had to make a go around. The second approach was better but too high. I was able to make a steeper descent and plant the landing just a bit hard. High and fast. The gear held up and I was able to start. No really weather either.

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think a lot of FS pilots will try that pattern at TEX! :):):)

I must say, it’s a bit of a challenge

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice Job David! I bet you were thrilled to have those automatic spoilers!!;)

145 and high!!!!:eek::eek::eek: But you nailed it!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Think a lot of FS pilots will try that pattern at TEX! :):):)

I've tried it with several different planes. It's never easy! :eek::eek:

Michael

RW: With enough wind that I had to use 27, I'd probably choose an alternate airport!

Edited by Rupert

Nice Job David! I bet you were thrilled to have those automatic spoilers!!;)

145 and high!!!!:eek::eek::eek: But you nailed it!!

Michael

Thanks. Like you said, it keeps you busy! Not to mention it racked my nerves so much I screwed up my spelling in this post! :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, I tried and tried and tried, then I gave up on being able to fly an approach to landing into TEX! Telluride sure looked different in the video! BUT, as luck has it, I found one of your treasures you found on the east coast and please don't ask me where it is! It's somewhere close to Telluride, I saw it, took the pic, because I knew I might not ever find it again!!

2020-5-27_17-31-47-152.jpg

Rick :cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Hey! Been to KTEX with a default Learjet. Tough environment!

And while figuring out the question while flying around, the idea just came to me: it might be the kind of terrain with a preferential approach (and I think a ILS is given in FSX)! The easiest way is just to check the approach plate for KTEX :pilot:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

David, I tried and tried and tried, then I gave up on being able to fly an approach to landing into TEX! Telluride sure looked different in the video! BUT, as luck has it, I found one of your treasures you found on the east coast and please don't ask me where it is! It's somewhere close to Telluride, I saw it, took the pic, because I knew I might not ever find it again!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219266[/ATTACH]

Dang Rick. That’s kind of ominous having a cross shaped airport somewhere close to the challenging TEX approach!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, you're slipping! No rolls or loops on final?

I'm sending you some Java beans overnight!

Ha! I was white knuckled enough on this one!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dang Rick. That’s kind of ominous having a cross shaped airport somewhere close to the challenging TEX approach!

David - Never thought of it, but, yes the cross for the challenging TEX airport would be appropriate! I think I could possibly land on the cross, but, that TEX bugger really whooped me! I finally conceded!

David - Never thought of it, but, yes the cross for the challenging TEX airport would be appropriate! I think I could possibly land on the cross, but, that TEX bugger really whooped me! I finally conceded!

I’m thinking just fly the ILS approach like Gerard suggested :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey! Been to KTEX with a default Learjet. Tough environment!

And while figuring out the question while flying around, the idea just came to me: it might be the kind of terrain with a preferential approach (and I think a ILS is given in FSX)! The easiest way is just to check the approach plate for KTEX :pilot:

All that is for a landing on 09, the challenge is to fly visual left traffic for 27.

Checked the terminal procedures chart for Telluride. In fact no document to runway 27. That confirms that that's the 09 preferential, I think

For those interested, here the chart of the LOC RWY 9 arrival. Fine too indeed! A GPS arrival chart may also be available

kte.gif

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Checked the terminal procedures chart for Telluride. In fact no document to runway 27. That confirms that that's the 09 preferential, I think

For those interested, here the chart of the LOC RWY 9 arrival. Fine too indeed! A GPS arrival chart may also be available

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219272[/ATTACH]

I agree with your post G'erard. In fact if you refer back, I mentioned on the first recent post concerning landing at TEX. TEX is normally always considered a 9 land and 27 takeoff airport. Because of that narrow and tall box canyon near 27. :rolleyes:DUH!

Having said that, the OMG 40+ minute long film clip recently posted by someone had to do with landing into a fifteen knot headwind by landing on 27 instead of trying to get stopped while landing on 9 with a fifteen knot tailwind.

RW: I always refer to the old saying "The most important life-saving decision a captain can ever make is whether or not to stay home!" That adage originally was intended for captains of watercraft. But also holds true for captains of aircraft as well.

Having said that, we're simmers! If I tear up another one of Jan's "sim" planes while acting stupid, we all walk away and fly it again whenever we wish! ;)

Michael

Edited by Rupert

I just checked out the cross shaped airport nearby. It's CO95 with a 10-28 runway 1,500' long and a 18-36 runway 1836' long. Both are grass and portrayed sticking way up into the sky!:mad: Terrible sim showing!!!:o:o

95 1.jpg

95 2.jpg

Michael

I agree with your post G'erard. In fact if you refer back, I mentioned on the first recent post concerning landing at TEX. TEX is normally always considered a 9 land and 27 takeoff airport. Because of that narrow and tall box canyon near 27. :rolleyes:DUH!

Having said that, the OMG 40+ minute long film clip recently posted by someone had to do with landing into a fifteen knot headwind by landing on 27 instead of trying to get stopped while landing on 9 with a fifteen knot tailwind.

RW: I always refer to the old saying "The most important life-saving decision a captain can ever make is whether or not to stay home!" That adage originally was intended for captains of watercraft. But also holds true for captains of aircraft as well.

Having said that, we're simmers! If I tear up another one of Jan's "sim" planes while acting stupid, we all walk away and fly it again whenever we wish! ;)

Michael

Check that. That makes me understand how my posts are mostly RW oriented :pilot: That was the aim of when I bought FS, and then made a flightsim site of my own. That was to perpetuate my PPL which was uneasy in RW. Don't hesitate to remember me that there are also sim pilots and flyers here :):)

G'erard,

I agree with your concept of trying to fly RW! 95% of the time I try to make my sim as accurate as when flying. That's why as often as possible I use RW charts, weather forecasts, and even Temporary Flight Restrictions.

I was a RW career pilot who suffered pilot career ending injuries in a combat related crash. For decades I suffered PTSD, flashbacks, and other issues related to my crash. Finally I was assigned a great shrink by the U.S. Veterans Administration. He had dealt with pilots before and advised me to get the best flight simulator I could afford and "fly" again!

My wife is less than thrilled at the cost of my "toys" over the last several years. But she is thrilled to "have my husband back" as she has said to her friends more than once. ;)

Michael