Q re adding textures to TDS 737-700 base

You can get latest models from TDS on Facebook. These downloads should have all the variants of each model including the B--W2 your looking for.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS.SkySpirit.B737NG/files/

You must log in to Facebook, and can get models from TDS WITHOUT joining the group.

These updated models also address issues with lights etc.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

And, the good news Neil, you didn't do anything wrong, it's just the texture/repaint is playing "hard to get!"

From what dogdish (Hi Jack) is saying, it doesn't sound like you will have a hard time finding the model you need!

Good luck! Rick :cool::cool:

Thanks for all the replies.

Readme says it's for the TDS 737-700ng only. That is probably why it needs the B--W2 model.

Is a 737-700 not an NG?

Perhaps not in TDS land. I just downloaded tdsx737-700_base.zip and naively assumed that included every variant of 700 - no?

Thanks for the links to the Facebook Group but how do I know which of the many files listed there is the one I need?

Thanks again.

NK

Here's mine...I have version IG30. Looks like they have a IG30B now. Be sure to get one for FSX not FS2004 and not the 737 MAX7

This should work > FSX_TDS737-700_W_MDL_SET_IG30B.ZIP

"W" is Winglet models.

737-700 IG30.jpg

Be sure your aircraft.cfg shows the model=B--W2

Hi Rick!

Edited by dogdish
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Neil - Are you sure when you say "it says it calls for a model called B--W2?"

I downloaded, I believe the same base as you did, tdsx7737-700_base.zip and when looking at the

aircraft.cfg, it shows a title and within it, it shows 737_CFM56-7B--W2. I am looking at this title and I see the B--W2. The "B" is the tail end of the engine, and the W2 is the model.

title=FREEWARE_©_TDS_16AUG2013_737_CFM56-7B--W2_+A7000_+D00_+B0_BASETEXTURES

Now, when you look at listings (9) for the models, you see........................

B737.jpg

Look again at what the add-on is telling you. I am thinking you have the correct base file. It is for FSX, but in order to merge the 2, the models have to be the same! Check the add-on info for the texture add-on and see what the model says for that! That might tell you if it matches one of the models I have in my pic (sorry, the quality isn't too good and when you click on it, it will rotate 90* !!

I'm going to have to find out how Jack screen prints. Looks so much clearer. I did mine taking a photo with my cell phone! Sometimes, it works very well. Tonite it didn't!

Now, I will admit, Jack (dogdish) is showing a Model=B--W2 but I have no idea where you would find a Model B base unit, unless, in his case the "B" may stand for Base? Stranger things have happened?

Keep us posted, now you have me curious!

Rick

Edited by Downwind66

Never mind, yep, it does say model=B--W2 !! This is new for me as I don't have any TDS Sounds a little bizarre when you can find the base aircraft and it doesn't provide you any B--W2 choice!

[fltsim.x]

title=FREEWARE_©_TDS_16AUG2013_737_CFM56-7B--W2_+A1200_+D20_+B0 SAS_SE-RJX

sim=TDSBoeing737-700w

model=B--W2

panel=

sound=

texture=SAS SE-RJX

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

Well, we tried! Good luck Neil and I'll keep watching to see how you make out!

Rick :cool::cool:

Rick,

You need base and model files then you can add liveries AKA repaints. TDS is quite confusing at first since you have to "build it from scratch"

Also to post image...

Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. This copies your screen image to the clipboard memory. Go to Windows Paint and click Paste. Then you can save the file as a .jpg to post.

Thanks for the continued interest in this thread guys.

Well, the wierdest thing just happened - I fired up FSX and there's the SAS 737-700! Did I maybe just have to exit FSX and restart to activate it or something??

Anyway, the [fltsim.x] bit (what do you call that, BTW?) supplied with the SAS texture said "model=B--W2". Also, the Read me said "To install this paint you need the Boeing 737-700 model (B--W2) from TDS."

And my problem was I couldn't find a Model folder called B--W2 in my TDS 737-700 base pack. Thinking it might be a misprint or something, I tried assigning model=W2 and when that didn't work yesterday, I reached out to you guys for help.

But it seems to work today!

BTW, FAO Rick - to capture a screen grab, press Alt and PrtScn together. That copies whatever's on your screen to your clipboard which you can then paste in a program like MS Paint. (If you already knew that and were asking something else, sorry!)

Thanks again, guys

NK

Neil - Glad you got it going. I thought maybe just trying the w2 model might work, but I quickly backed off, figuring, I have never downloaded TDS, so best to back off from this one! But, you got it going! Thank you for the screen print info!

Enjoy now! Rick :cool::cool:

Jack - Thank you too for the info on screen printing! Hope all is well with you!

Rick :cool::cool:

Anyway, the [fltsim.x] bit (what do you call that, BTW?) supplied with the SAS texture said "model=B--W2". Also, the Read me said "To install this paint you need the Boeing 737-700 model (B--W2) from TDS."

And my problem was I couldn't find a Model folder called B--W2 in my TDS 737-700 base pack.

NK

Hint> FSX_TDS737-700_W_MDL_SET_IG30B.ZIP

MDL_SET as in Model Set

Problem is, my TDS 737-700 doesn't have a model called B--W2

You're absolutely right. This package is a mess.

When the FS9-package was released, they used certain model names (including B--W2).

When the FSX package appears, the model names have changed. No trace of Model.B--W2 anymore.

Model.B--W2 is now simply called model.W2 (I think...). Confusing at least.

What follows is hilarious: when releasing updates (on FaceBook) for the FSX version, he changed to using the FS9-names again.

So magically model.B--W2 appears in the updates, while it wasn't there in the original release.

Applying the updates must be a real puzzle.

Good thing you got it solved, but until I really NEED a 737-700, I'll pass on this one.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg