Updated approaches

Hi, I’ve been using FSX now for 10 years to practise IFR approaches. It’s been great and still running a treat on my ancient laptop.

I’d like to get up to date with RNAV and GNSS approaches. Is there a way of refreshing the database to have all of the up to date approaches? Or can you make your own up?

Hi, I’ve been using FSX now for 10 years to practise IFR approaches. It’s been great and still running a treat on my ancient laptop.

I’d like to get up to date with RNAV and GNSS approaches. Is there a way of refreshing the database to have all of the up to date approaches? Or can you make your own up?

You can BUY updated approaches from Reality XP or Flight 1. There is NO publically-available source. All 24,000 aiports CAN be updated, but it's a long process!

All approaches in the GPS can be updated to the most current charts available. This includes but not limited to:

ILS (instrument landing system)

GPS (Global Positioning System type approach)

RNAV (Area Navigation type approach)

LOC (Localizer)

LDA (Localizer Directional Aid)

SDF (Simplified Directional Facility)

LBOC (LOCALIZER_BACKCOURSE)

VORDME (very high frequency omnidirectional range with Distance Measuring Equipment type approach)

VOR (same as above without DME)

NDBDME (nondirectional beacon with DME type approach)

NDB (same as above without DME)

RW (runway visual)

For regularly updated Navaid and ILS data, take a look at Fernando Sor's website here: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64