Happy Memorial day week end :)

CessnaFlyer

hey I hope every one is having a good long week end. I have not been on this forum for a long time but I think I will have more time and be able to come here more often. I know it may not matter to any one here but I used to be on these forums all the time and helping other virtual pilots. but I got really busy and life was getting in the way and I was busy with FSX as well. hopefully I can come back like I used to before. :pilot:
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Welcome to the forum.

Needless to say, this is much more than just a "long weekend" to me, and, I'm sure, the other military members here.

It's a great chance to stop for a while, and remember our long, or not so long, lost brothers and sisters. Maybe even say a silent farewell to those we have personally lost.

I know I do that, myself.

Besides that though, it's a real nice way for the government to wish me a happy birthday :D

Have a great one, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Welcome to the forum.

Needless to say, this is much more than just a "long weekend" to me, and, I'm sure, the other military members here.

It's a great chance to stop for a while, and remember our long, or not so long, lost brothers and sisters. Maybe even say a silent farewell to those we have personally lost.

I know I do that, myself.

Besides that though, it's a real nice way for the government to wish me a happy birthday :D

Have a great one, all!

Pat☺

hey THANK YOU for your service to you and all the others here. i know this is not just a long week end and a day for the sales i see on the television. that's the part upsets me is when i see company's say come to our memorial day sales:mad: that's not what it's about.

and thanks it's nice to be back:)

My father was in the U.S. Navy in WW II for the last two years of the War - he was on a troop transport ship, and then on a tender ship. He was most fortunate as his ships never encountered the enemy. And he got to see the world of that time: From India to Rio in Brazil, and many other places... His ship was actually bound for Pearl Harbor out of San Diego when the War ended, and they turned the ship around to go home. I was fortunate too, as I was born a year later...

All here should remember this special Day: "They died to make us free".

My father was in the U.S. Navy in WW II for the last two years of the War - he was on a troop transport ship, and then on a tender ship. He was most fortunate as his ships never encountered the enemy. And he got to see the world of that time: From India to Rio in Brazil, and many other places... His ship was actually bound for Pearl Harbor out of San Diego when the War ended, and they turned the ship around to go home. I was fortunate too, as I was born a year later...

All here should remember this special Day: "They died to make us free".

wow at least he missed Pearl Harbor. a lot of people died that day. from what i have seen on the history channel. that was a very dark day for us.

I wish people would refrain or at least think for a miniute and not say happy memorial day. There's nothing "happy" about it.

yeah me to. but that's what some one told me was happy memorial day. i wish they would say happy long week end or something else like that