FSX-SE and the "Puck IR Headset" ?

OK, so in for a penny, in for a pound. I like FSX-SE and am of course anxiously awaiting FS2020. Having recently purchased the Logitech yoke and throttle, the Thrustmaster rudder pedals, a 32" curved HD monitor and a new gaming computer I have 'of course-lol' started investigating budget IR Headset options.

I can do, but don't want to mess with, a DIY unit. I don't really want to spend the big-bux for the $160USD TrackIR 5 but could do the $75 choice of the Grass Monkey Puck:

https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/

Even the maker in his YouTube vids acknowledges some users 'could' have problems with his Puck and specifically the FSX-SE flight sim.

Anyone out there in FSX-SE land using the Puck successfully or care to offer their review? All suggestions welcome.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Hmmm. 116 views with no replies. I'm getting the 'hint' that not that many people use the combo of FSX-SE and the Puck? Or at least not many who visit this forum.

But should I just go ahead and 'buy it and try it'? I'll report back on my success/tribulations using it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I do LUV a challenge, so I've just now placed an order for their Odyssey unit. Should be here in a week. I'll be posting a follow-up once I get it working satisfactorily with FSX-SE, or pics of me smashing it with a big hammer - LOL

The Grass Monkey headset system arrived today. Woo-Hoo!

1st impression? Very quality bit of hardware IMHO. It still needs some 'fine tuning', but I was able to get it operational with a little e-mail help from the vendor. GREAT and fast customer service response too. The PS3 USB camera is simple plug&play and the wireless headset is quite light and powered by a single AA battery.

At first FSX-SE didn't recognize the IR Tracker, but setting the camera output in OpenTrack to FSX Sim Connect did the trick. I did also activate the three SimConnect SDK Legacy interface msi files.

Once I get the tracking dialed in for my head movements and preferences it will be a huge enhancement to the whole sim experience.