Bringing Cartierville Back To Life

casey jones

I am petition the airport designers to ask their interest in creating the Cartierville

Airport near the city of Montreal Canada, I am collecting photograps so far as it

looked from 1935 when the very first Norseman Bush plane made its first test

flight with pontoons until it was closed in 1989. I asked one designer if they might

be interested in creating this once great airport and airplane factory as it may have

looked in 1935 or 1950's but I was told there was no ICAO. Well here it is CYCV this

is the only ICAO CYCV that Cartierville is listed by according to the Ministry For Air,

Canada. The pictures I found on the internet show the picture of the very first Norseman

to fly taken with its builders at Cartierville Airport in 1935, from 1935 to 1959 the Norseman

was manufactured. in 1949 the Government of Canada approached Douglas Aircraft Company

to build the DC-4 at Cartierville, Montreal which was approved but the DC4 would be powered

by Merlin Engines and called the North Star. In 1951 the US Air Force also petitioned Cartierville

to begin production of almost 100 North American F-86F Sabre Jets for the Korean War. There is

a lot of material on the internet about Cartierville Airport, if anyone is interested in bringing

this wonderful airport back to life I can and will supply them with everthing I have. Please

let me know, meanwhile I will continue to petition the many talented people who can preserve

the past of Canada's aviation history.

Casey Jones