Strange Error Message on Startup

Mac6737

I recently used the Flight Planner function for the first time, and saved the plan. I did not see anything amiss.

Next time, I tried to save a different plan with a different name (of course), but it would not let me. Paid no attention.

Now, whenever I boot up P3D v. 4.5, I get this message: "Error loading GPS engine. The flight plan will not be used." Click OK, and the sim proceeds to load as usual. Trouble is, the error message halts the boot-up until you click OK. Annoying. What is this message, and how can I get rid of it? Is there a corrupted flight plan? If so, where in the P3d Folder are the flight plans saved?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mac6737

In your Documents folder - Prepar3d V4 Files .

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

In your Documents folder - Prepar3d V4 Files .

Vic

Vic,

I don't think so. That folder contains scenarios (and vastly more of them than appear in my "Load" menu when P3D is actually running). It does not seem to include the "Flight Plans" you can save under the "Flight Plan" tab.

Mac6737

There's a "Browse" button on the flight plan save dialog, try creating/saving another flight plan and then look near the bottom, it should show you the path it wants to save the file to. If it's not Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files use the browse button to locate that folder. The flight planner saves a .pln file and that file is referenced in the saved flight file (.fsxml) so if the flight can't find the plan you get the error you posted.

It must be that your default flight is missing it's .pln somehow and that's why you're getting the error on every startup. You could save another flight (preferably without an associated .pln) and setting it as default to eliminate the error warning.

Jim

It must be that your default flight is missing it's .pln somehow and that's why you're getting the error on every startup. You could save another flight (preferably without an associated .pln) and setting it as default to eliminate the error warning.

Jim

That seemed to work.

Thanks,

Mac6737