Joystick Throttle problem

Hi

Not sure if this is the right area for my question? If not please move it to the correct one!

I have bought Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X. Set up my button assignments as I use them hands on. But the problem I am getting is with my old joystick when the throttle was pulled right back the aircraft STOPPED. To taxi I eased it forward a touch to 4-5 knots job done.

The Hotas - as soon as I land I cut the power and 'home' the throttles however - my aircraft then starts accelerating and (if I let it) gets up to silly speeds? I have just been flying circuits at Kai Tak (in the King Air) and the only way I can stop the aircraft speeding off very unrealistically when I turn off the runway, to line up for take off again - is to use the mouse to pull the props to 'ground fine'!

This is the first time Ive had such a problem at one stage I had the full rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and yoke - all performed perfect right out of the box!

HELP please - otherwise its back to a boring single combined throttle/ joystick.

thanks

Edited by Tendet
Vintage Avgas Head - "Dancing The Skies"......

Will this related to the reverse thrust is activated when the throttle is fully pull back?

May be to re-calibrate the throttle and pay attention and mark the trigger point of the reverse thrust range location to avoid activating the reverse thrust kicked in.

Will this related to the reverse thrust is activated when the throttle is fully pull back?

May be to re-calibrate the throttle and pay attention and mark the trigger point of the reverse thrust range location to avoid activating the reverse thrust kicked in.

Hi

No its not set up to work with reverse thrust. When the throttles are closed the engines just spool down to a level they dont produce thrust. It works fine on my other joystick but this one is useless!

For pitch reverse or clam shells I use the F2 button if needed.

Also if reverse thrust DID work on the hand throttle I wouldnt go shooting off down the taxiway, but probably STOP and start going backwards?

(Adding to previous post: and make sure AP and AT stay off after landing as well.)

Another reason for speed going up after landing is if you have crash detect off but land so hard it's a crash. Do that and you won't get a "crashed" message and speed goes up instantly.

Plus, make sure you have not assigned either command:

"Thrust, Full (normally F4)"

or

"TOGA (on/off)"

to key: F2

or to your Toe Brake Pedals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Adding to previous post: and make sure AP and AT stay off after landing as well.)

Another reason for speed going up after landing is if you have crash detect off but land so hard it's a crash. Do that and you won't get a "crashed" message and speed goes up instantly.

Plus, make sure you have not assigned either command:

"Thrust, Full (normally F4)"

or

"TOGA (on/off)"

to key: F2

or to your Toe Brake Pedals.

Thanks for this

No landings if anything are a tad 'floaty' and I land on virtually the same touchdown point on each circuit. In case it was just the quirky '13 approach' i have flown to other airports with same reaction. I have now assigned 'reverse thrust' to a button on my HOTAS throttle which helps but cant be used during taxiing!

I have tried different aircraft and get the same weird thing happening. My old joystick with the built in throttle doesnt do this. Im wondering if a fault with the joystick but when i run 'calibration' it passes all tests.

I have now found a joystick software program Im going to set up that is very popular. It is supposed to deal with this sort of problem.

Its actually something that interests me as to why this is happening. Im going to go back to my old thrustmaster to see if it still happens.

I carried out some stationary 'engine runs' last night and think I have discovered the problem. When my joystick throttle is 'closed' fully my N2 is still at 49.5%! Thats enough to taxi!

However if I use the 'F1' key the throttles close fully? The aircraft then will not move even with brakes off whereas on 49% it will gather speed.

I cant see any software settings to make the throttle close fully. Due to this I cannot continue with it and will return it to Amazon as 'faulty! It the Joystick!