FSX Product Key

I had an issue with FSX, the add on sceneries and add on aircraft did not load properly. There were some files that did not load correctly i.e. colours missing or buildings missing details. I decided to uninstall FSX and reinstall it to try to clear up the issues. I installed it again but it did not ask for the product key. The next time I loaded the program it loaded fine but after 20 minutes or so a message came up saying "Your Demonstration copy of FSX has ended". I uninstalled that and installed a clean copy of FSX. Again the program didn't go into any kind of activate mode or ask for the product key. I am afraid that if I used the latest new loaded program that I will get the same "Demonstration has ended" message. How can I register the program that is presently set up in the computer.

Thanks

Cheers

There is "Sticky" here in the FSX forum titled "Look what I found" about FSX activation. If your original installation was not properly uninstalled, it leaves behind registration data in the computer registry that the new install can't use.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Tried to search for Sticky Look what I found with no luck. I'm not very techy (78 yrs old). Is there anything I can do to get my product re registered. Would hate to lose everything I have put into creating a nice pass time.

Tried to search for Sticky Look what I found with no luck. I'm not very techy (78 yrs old). Is there anything I can do to get my product re registered. Would hate to lose everything I have put into creating a nice pass time.

Wally - The Sticky is three up from your post! It says:

Sticky:FSX Activation Look What I Found

Any closer, it would have bit you! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool: