How to add a transponder 2D panel on an old plane

FraP-zsz

Hello.

I'm using the FOUGA Magister from Restauravia and apparently this plane doesn't have a transponder. Nothing inside the VC, in the docs or iniside a 2D panel.

So my question: Is there a way to create a 2D panel just to edit the sqwak code? Or any better way?

Thanks .

Vincent - Firstly, welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with your aircraft, but I did find the download listing for both FSX and FS9. To answer your question, yes, what I am looking at as far as the 2D panel (if it is like yours, a visible transponder could be added to the area I have circled. Is the radio stack for that aircraft hidden for a popup display? Which program are you running, FS9 or FSX?

CM170_03.jpg

I would plant the transponder right in the area that I have circled, if that's all you need for squawk codes. Would you have a way of verify which download you have in this library? Get me the file name so I could at least look at it,, maybe download it and see what I could do with it on this end!

Rick :cool:

Vincent - Disregard my above suggestion. I just downloaded the FSX version, and the panel does consist of a COM, NAV, ADF,and Transponder already, but it's hidden! NOW, how you operate them is another story. These are old antiquated radio stacks, which you might be able to figure out? My default and add-on DC-3's had the old Sperry radio equipment and they were too old and hard for me to figure out, so, I just replaced the old with a newer Bendix-King radio stack. You could do this also, leaving the stack as hidden and opened on demand. You are new to this flight sim forum, but, are you good at moving, modifying files, folders etc??? You being in the French world and me being in the states, might be a big problem in me helping. Let me know your experience level with Flight Sim. In the meanwhile I will try to give you examples of a before and after DC-3 radio stack upgrade.

Later..................... Rick :cool:

Okay, my DC-3 example OLD vs NEW radio stack!

Old Sperry radio stack. Would make a better boat anchor than for radio operation!

2018-3-18_18-53-40-546.jpg

New upgraded radio stack (lower right). It is also hidden and opened on demand!

2020-5-12_20-43-9-44.jpg

It's not that difficult to do if you have some experience and modifying panels!

Rick :cool:

Vincent - I just threw another panel into the download to get it to fly, and, in my opinion I was not impressed! For a 2 engine jet, it didn't perform well at all. Took a long time just to get it to fly 300 Knots, which in today's standards for military jets, that's a non-performer. If you have a personal attachment to this download, that's all well and good! There are many freeware downloads for military jets that will get your blood pumping! I can recommend a few that I have!

Good luck in whatever you decide! - Rick :cool: