Logitech Pro Flight Throttles Assignments Issue

Hi all, I have been using the Logitech Pro Flight Throttle for many years and have recently purchased another. I have set it up in FSX (I don't know how to do it in the Logitech Application) to the correct controls ect. Make a flight then close FSX. When I reopen FSX the next time the controls have either reset to the defualts or swapped between the Quadrants. Can anyone help with this ?

Many thanks guys !

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Are you running Windows 10? Did you install FSX in the default location? If so, it might be a permissions problem (UAC, or User Access Control problem).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

It is installed in the default location in the C dive on windows 10. I experienced several issues with trying to install it to the D Drive so after many failed attempts installed it in my C drive. I run FSX as an Administrator as standard.
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

For settings to save you need to "end flight" first. Then close fsx.

If you are mid flight and close fsx then (for example when running windowed mode and simply clicking the "X" to close mid-flight) the settings will not be saved.

It has nothing to do with installing in the default location. The controls.xml file with your control settings isn't in the fsx folder. That file is in your users/Appdata/

folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For settings to save you need to "end flight" first. Then close fsx.

Hmmm... That's odd. Many's the time I'd just close FSX after changing settings and have the settings remain. Is that something unique to Steam, perhaps, or to Win 10?

I just now tried it on my 10 year old machine running Windows 7 Pro, with FSX installed on D:\\ where I started FSX, hit fly now into my default flight and, when it loaded, I changed the gear toggle assignment. Then I hit the X in the upper right corner of the window (to close the window/stop the program) and exited. I waited a little while, then fired up FSX again and the change was still there, so I put it back to G.

There was no need to "end flight" first. And yes, the config files are all in appdata.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

If I "End Flight" or "Exit" the settings do not save either way.

I purchased FSUIPC the last time I posted here. Installed and worked fine. I have just gone to complete a flight this morning to find that the inputs from my throttles have yet again been swapped around. The controls are not assigned to anything in the FSX controls only with FSUIPC. and My 2 throttle quadrant inputs have been swapped around. Any thoughts ?

I purchased FSUIPC the last time I posted here. Installed and worked fine. I have just gone to complete a flight this morning to find that the inputs from my throttles have yet again been swapped around. The controls are not assigned to anything in the FSX controls only with FSUIPC. and My 2 throttle quadrant inputs have been swapped around. Any thoughts ?

Inputter error? Are you SURE the controls are pushed in the SAME slot?

Different USB port = different control settings...

They are in the same ports, nothing has been changed only a restart of the Laptop

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem with win 10, to correct this I reinstalled the C:\FSX. Then go to controls in the App Data section and delete the XLM file, My problem was it created 2 files, XLM and XLMX. I deleted both, ran FSX set a few control setting and started free flight, flew for a few minutes and exited the program. Double check your control file again in the App Data/ Roaming. It fixed it for me, as FSX auto saves when exiting program, Don't use the save in the settings section af FSX.