keyboard assignment in FSX STEAM

WEISSE

hello

can somebody help me starting to FS X -SE versus FS9 I was using in the past. I have tried to search everywhere in this internet site or in the FSX-SE Learning center and help, but still have lots of problems.

I have problems with keyboard assignments, some of them described in the help of Learning center .

for example, view zoom in press= is ok, but zoom out press - does not work.

in the settings controll the assignment is different : chase distance increase CTRL+=, decrease CTRL+ (nothing!), none of these 2 assignments work. So I am lost! Is there specific assignments for Azerty keyboard?

in the keyboard shortcuts assignement is there a difference between qwerty and azerty keyboards? As a french I have an Azerty?

I have noticed that many other keyboards assignement do not work !

release parking brake should be : . does not work.

Thanks for help

FSX SE + XPlane 11.52

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit Processor: Intel® Core i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz , Memory: 32768MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Search for a very basic schematics of a QWERTY layout.

Print it out and pin it on the wall somewhere (preferably where you can see it ;)).

xdKcXld.png

If some key doesn't work as it's supposed to, search for the location on the above picture and type the corresponding location on your AZERTY keyboard.

This has worked for me ever since the nineties, for simming and for many, many other games.

I'm from the Flemish part of Belgium, so we use AZERTY as well.

After a while, you won't need the picture anymore. But I confess, I still have one on the wall.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

You need to go on control panel and on regional settings and change the type of keyboard. On Windows 10 it's under Control panel / Time and Language / Region and language (IE: UK -vs- USA) or European -vs- American).

There are also key press to switch. Hold both Shift keys and then press Alt. Or hold left shift key for 5 seconds then press right shift key for 5 seconds. You can also switch by hitting simultaneously Alt + Shift combination.

Need to type the '@':

On a laptop with a numeric keypad, press Ctrl + Alt + 2, or Alt + 64.

On an English keyboard for the United States, press Shift + 2.

On an English keyboard for the UK, use Shift + `.

On a Spanish keyboard for Latin America, press Alt Gr + Q.

On an international Spanish keyboard, press Alt Gr + 2.

On an Italian keyboard, press Alt Gr + Q.

On a French keyboard, press Alt Gr + à.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you.

Wim despite using your method à lot of assignments do not work.

Chuck I am affraid of changing keyboard directly in Windows.

After several hours of use I am very disapointed by FSX SE. Not a real progress vs FS9.

Poor graphics, unrealistic flight dynamics, I have a lot of difficulties to calibrate my old joystick Logitech Force 3D Pro.

I have been using FS9 during more than a decade in the past and have been à private pilot during more than 30 years.

I would like to have more informations about Prepar3D and XPlane. Is there some articles which compare the pro and cons of these 3 simulators ? I searched but have not found.

Thanks.

FSX SE + XPlane 11.52

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit Processor: Intel® Core i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz , Memory: 32768MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER