Need a "great" bush plane (must be keyboard freindly - no joystick)

paulrunge

I am a huge fan of Aerosoft's Beaver collection, but alas, they have not chosen to upgrade it to be compatible with P3Dv4.5+. Milviz version is terrific, but requires a "stick". Lionheart's Quest Kodiak amphibian is also great, but a little heavy for tight bush landings in Alaska. Took a chance with Perfect Flight's Beaver, but no amphibian, ski, or tundra wheel versions. Finally, tried Carenado's C185F, but no decent AP. The perfect model for me is Aerosoft's, but I have given up asking them to upgrade their model.

Have I missed any good models that have multiple versions (wheels, Tundra, Ski, Amphibian) and decent electronics in the panel? It's frustrating...

Thanks guys!?

P

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz 8GB

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Thanks. Unfortunately I need Tundra, Skis, Floats and wheels for P3Dv4.5 compatibility. It appears Fight Replicas options wont work...

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

• 1 month later...

Easy.

1st. Most civilian aircraft I use regularly have yokes, not sticks. In particular, Beaver, Baron, Quest Kodiak, Phenom 505, C182, Turbo Duke, etc. Yes I am aware keyboards arent natural eaither!

2nd. I have been simming for decades and frankly enjoy the versatility speed, and footprint of the keyboard. I tried a stick for a while recently on MILVIZ Beaver, but you still need the keyboard and flying by stick on top of my desktop is awkward at best.

So there we are!

P

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Easy.

1st. Most civilian aircraft I use regularly have yokes, not sticks. In particular, Beaver, Baron, Quest Kodiak, Phenom 505, C182, Turbo Duke, etc. Yes I am aware keyboards arent natural eaither!

2nd. I have been simming for decades and frankly enjoy the versatility speed, and footprint of the keyboard. I tried a stick for a while recently on MILVIZ Beaver, but you still need the keyboard and flying by stick on top of my desktop is awkward at best.

So there we are!

P

So why do you not have BOTH? It's not mandatory to choose on over the other!

I have both, and use them according to need.

What about the Aerosoft Twin Otter, it has tundra wheels, ski's, amphibian and it works in P3Dv4.5 with an decent autpilot and a lot of goodies. I Fly VR, and this is still a very fine aircraft. Maybe to big.

Recently the converted Maule from FS2004, but the cockpit need some work. Is has big tundra wheels.

Virtualcol has also a Otter, you get 2 planes in the package a normal Otter and a turbo Otter, with Amphibian, ski;s wheels and tundra.

Hope this helps.

Waviateur