Apc to oak approach

Short hop to day. We need to get the plane to Oakland (KOAK) to be on standby for a charter hop.

As I've noted before, this is ORBX California scenery, which is pretty dense. So if it seems the shots seem like looking through the long end of a pair of binoculars, that's to fit them into this format. And yes, that's really low to be flying anything, must less in a King Air over heavy populations. Hey it's a sim! ;) Call the SIM COPS if you must.

Michael

1 Crossing the Napa River towards OAK.jpg

2 Clearing Carquinez Heights.jpg

3 Looking back.jpg

4 Near Richmnond.jpg

5 Lots of Gold Courses.jpg

6.jpg

7 No. Cal Wildnerness.jpg

8 Coasting.jpg

9 Bay in sight.jpg

10 Turning West.jpg

11 Oakland Pattern.jpg

12 Onfinal   Oakland Bay Bridge and Treasure Island in the distance..jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great pics! Been to SOCAL in RW more than I care to remember. Not a big fan. Fun in the sim though. :rolleyes:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great pics! Been to SOCAL in RW more than I care to remember. Not a big fan. Fun in the sim though. :rolleyes:

Well I don't mind So Cal. I was stationed at the Marine Corps Air Facility in Santa Ana off and on for a few years when I wasn't in Vietnam. If you were there early enough, you might have seen where I was stationed. It was a couple of blimp hangers right off the west side of Santa Ana Freeway before you got to El Toro when going southbound.

I was shocked the first time I was there after the hangers were torn down. But the original runway system is still shown in sims. It's now called MCAS Tustin NTK in the sims. No blimp hangers though.

I had some good times in So Cal. In fact a buddy and I rented a beach apartment for six months one summer. Sadly, being Marines we had to be on the flight line many a morning right about when many others on the beach were going to sleep. So to stay awake at work, we mostly gave up staying there even before the lease was up.

I loved Santa Catalina Island. We flew my bud's V-35 Bonanza over there several times. Sadly he and some of my other buds flew into the side of a mountain and were killed in a Marine chopper while making a cross country trip to San Francisco. I was originally scheduled to make the trip too, but since I'm still alive it's obvious I didn't go.

Many good, some terrible memories from that time. But I've been back more than a few times since. Though not back out to Avalon.:(

A good sense of California, I think. Never been there on the other hand :):)

California is so big and diverse there are several different environments there. Barren dessert, crowded cities, almost unpopulated mountains, flood plains, heavy farming, etc. For decades people who live in either Northern California, Central California, or Southern California have talked about dividing it up into at least two separate states. Some would prefer three. I doubt it will ever happen.

Edited by Rupert

Dang it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218896[/ATTACH]

Somebody must have tipped them off.

Nice shot!!:p We had H-34s, 37s, 46s, and 53s at Santa Ana when I was stationed there. But no POLIS or Hueys.

I'm guessing that's a Huey.? And where is the scenery? That could easily be in Northern or Central California.

California is so big and diverse there are several different environments there. Barren dessert, crowded cities, almost unpopulated mountains, flood plains, heavy farming, etc. For decades people who live in either Northern California, Central California, or Southern California have talked about dividing it up into at least two separate states. Some would prefer three. I doubt it will ever happen.

I was there in the late 80s and early 90s. Most of the time it was in Long Beach and just 14-16 hours a day working on the C-17 program. No time for fun.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please excuse my stupidity, What is the C-17 program???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_C-17_Globemaster_III

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK!! Yes I've seen them at airshows but never been aboard. I have been on a few C-124s however. As well as an old Super Connie.

I have an autographed picture by the DAC logistics planning team of the first flight of the C-17 taking off from Long Beach.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]