Ultimate terrain X Europe scenery add-on

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of Ultimate Terrain X Europe? Most of my flying is low and slow, and I am finding the default FSX cityscapes increasingly annoying (pentagons everywhere!). Does UTX eliminate these annoying pentagons?

Reading some of the forums, it seems that some users have experienced problems uninstalling UTX - have these problems been fixed now? It seems a pretty big modification to FSX, and I do not want to to try it unless it is easily removable without having to re-install FSX.

Any help/ comments would be appreciated.

Mike.

Hi Mike:

I have to draw from memory as I am PC less right at the moment. My 10 year HP motherboard bit the dust and I awaiting a new unit from HP. I have run all four (USA-Canada-Europe and Caribbean) UT addons for years in FSX and have not had any problems uninstalling any of them. They do take a bit of time to uninstall though as they are large files. I use the Programs & Features category from Control Panel to do it. UT provides improvement in coastlines, rivers, streams, roads and lighting, but minimal landclass. I would not run FSX without any of them.

Chris

Ditto to the above comments. I have all the UTX and GTX scenery products and they are very, very good -- in many places they completely transform the appearance of the area. No problems installing if you follow the directions! As for removal, they can be easily uninstalled just like any other sceneries. Go for it!

Correction -- I meant GEX, not GTX. Also, I should have mentioned that UTX and GEX are complementary and designed to be used together: UTX provides landclass (the type of terrain) while GEX provides detailed textures, including its own autogen buildings which are highly detailed and accurate. Your specific goal of "getting rid of the pentagons" will be taken care of by the GEX products.

Correction -- I meant GEX, not GTX. Also, I should have mentioned that UTX and GEX are complementary and designed to be used together: UTX provides landclass (the type of terrain) while GEX provides detailed textures, including its own autogen buildings which are highly detailed and accurate. Your specific goal of "getting rid of the pentagons" will be taken care of by the GEX products.

GEX CANNOT be used with Orbx. Mutually incompatible.

first : I have only FSX Steam, seems irrelevant but with Flight1 UTX this can cause an issue when you have a boxed FSX installed also or have had that in the past.

get the picture first, the preferred sequence is : (Global) Mesh , Landclass , Global Texture, Local Sceneries(Texture). Landclass is the most demanding so this comes often per Continent,State, Country Region etc. I have : FlyAway Global Mesh (freeware!!!) Landclass: UTX USA, EUR, CAN, ASK, TAC,

Asia and FsceneX global texture. I have a medium spec system, so ORBX is too heavy for my CPU.

Right now I have everything default, all sliders whenever applicable to : max performance, I have only

VSync: Adaptive 1/2. My SIM is on SSD500GB C:/FSX , My Mesh is on a dedicated seperate (Mesh only)HDD (100GB) everything else in FSX is on my SSD. This is just my setup, In FSX settings all sliders are max right (except Traffic 30% , Water 2LOW, bilenear filter and Anti Aliasing = on DX10=off

UTX was for me pricewise the only option, maybe ORBX is better, but overall my FSX is just magic

wherever I Fly it. regards Peter

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg