FMS Database won't update with the most current data set (Wilco CRJ Series)?

Flyguybc

Hello

I recently purchase a navaid update subscription service from Navigraph in hopes that I could update my current FMS database for the Wilco CRJ Jets. Unfortunately I have been unable to get the database to upload into the FMS when I boot up FS2004? When I open the FMS in cockpit view the database version is still 2004.

Very frustrating as I cannot use current charts since the majority of the intersections are not present in the old database.

I did ask the question to Navigraph and so far I have not received a response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kevin

Navigraph's version numbering system is the year (20) followed by the month (04) so version 2004 is the current, April 2020 version.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Not that I know of. Perhaps if the Navigraph update program is being directed to a specific Wilco folder you could place that Wilco FMS data folder on the desktop and direct the Navigraph update to point to that folder, then copy that folder back to the Wilco installation directory. But I have a felling the Navigraph update is reading the registry keys.

If it's not that hard, it may be worthwhile to install the Sim to the root of C drive C:\\FS2004 so that it will alleviate these sort of issues.

Again, not saying this a protected folder situation, but it sounds like it.

Hi,

Apparently that July 04 date is hardcoded in the FMS, so no matter what AIRAC is installed, it'll keep showing July 04.

Look in your FS9 install folder, there should be a Feelthere\NavData folder. That's where the CRJ AIRAC files are. Open the cycle_info.txt to see the dates.

Also be aware that Navigraph does not offer Terminal Procedures (SIDSTARS) for the FS9 Feelthere CRJs. The Procs.ftd is not updated.

But, Dmetrey Taborko, over at Avsimrus.com made some updates himself, the latest was 1808:

https://avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-effects-and-addons-46/wilco-crj-sidstar-airac-1808-update-procs-ftd-rwy-ftd-62529.html?action=comments

Hope this helps.

DDP.