Thread: FSX Steam Edition - monitor problem

1. Default FSX Steam Edition - monitor problem

Good afternoon guys, I was hoping you could help me with something on my FSX Steam Edition.
    I launch the game and start choosing the aircraft, weather and airport, but when I try to click on START FLIGHT my monitor just shuts down. Just the monitor, not the PC. When I try to reset the monitor (turning it on again), it doesn't work and I have to manually restart the PC.
    I tried to lower the settings to minimum, tried to change something on the settings of the monitor itself, and even checked if my PC supported FSX on Can You Run It? and it has the minimum requirements.

Help please ������
    Last edited by drobson; 04-29-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Is this a laptop or desktop computer? Look through your FSX settings and uncheck the box for "Pause on Task".
    Last edited by mrzippy; 04-23-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

3. Default

It is a desktop.
    I will try that.

Thanks

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by camestrike View Post
    I launch the game and start choosing the aircraft, weather and airport, but when I try to click on START FLIGHT my monitor just shuts down. Just the monitor, not the PC. When I try to reset the monitor (turning it on again), it doesn't work and I have to manually restart the PC.
    This may be a good starting point:
    https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001496.htm

It is worth remembering that graphics-intensive activities like Flight Simulator probably work your screen harder than anything else you have, so if things are delicate that will be the time it shows.

Otherwise, maybe some Immodium would help?

John
    Last edited by drobson; 04-29-2020 at 04:30 PM.

5. Default

I guess it's the computer, as the monitor light turns orange and green and orange again. Displaying the sign Energy Management. I had to restart the computer again. What I don't understand is why does the Can You Run It? sais that my Pc can run the game with no problems.

Nice one with Immodium

6. Default

Not good, I tried to uncheck the Pause on Task but still, the monitor turns off as soon as I click on FLY NOW..

What bothers me is that I ran the specs through Can You Run It and ir said that my computer passed the minimum requirements.

Nice one with Immodium
    I just got the Imodium remark after closely re-reading your first post! I think a moderator will soon fix it!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

8. Default

Make sure that if in the videocard menu the screen resolution is set to, for example,
    1024x768 - 32bit
    that the resolution in fsx settings menu is also set to the same. So to:
    1024x768 - 32bit
    and NOT to:
    1024x768 - -->16bit<<---

---
    Also, in windows accessibility options, make sure 'text size' (or whatever it's called) is set to 'normal' 100% Dpi.
    (And not to 125% Dpi for example.)
    Last edited by il88pp; 04-29-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Just curious................Do you have your monitor connected via an HDMI cable? I had a similar thing happen to me and that is what it turned out to be.

Always something to challenge you!

Rick

when I try to click on START FLIGHT my monitor just shuts down. Just the monitor, not the PC. When I try to reset the monitor (turning it on again), it doesn't work and I have to manually restart the PC.
    I'm not sure if you've ever managed to run FSX or if you have just installed it, although it sounds like the latter. Seems possible it's is trying to run an unsupported graphics mode and your monitor is complaining. Try pressing ALT+ENTER to switch to windowed mode, that should take care of it if that's the problem. If you can get it to run in windowed mode them you can try to figure out why it won't run full-screen.
    MarkH