oom

suddenly am getting ooms...once, just by checking out different planes while on the ground........curious.....if if uncheck aircraft variants and just load the basic models, will that help? ...or...?....never had that problem before......settings all the same as always....can't figure out what i did to cause that.....

i7-7700k ....msi geforce gtx 1060....msi z270 gaming m5 lga 1151 motherboard....CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) ram.....i

The main reason why yo would get an OOM (Out Of Memory) condition is due to the fact FS can only address about 3-3.5 GB of data in RAM. And the way the Sim works, ALL scenery is loaded no matter if you fly there or not. So you can see right away that if you have a lot of AI planes and add-ons, you may run into the OOM condition very quickly.

To remedy this, make it a habit to disable any and all scenery you won't be using (at least the large ones) in Scenery Config Editor. https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Make sure you select save after you uncheck scenery.

The other option may be to just turn down some of the fluff. Go into your settings and adjust accordingly.

suddenly am getting ooms...once, just by checking out different planes while on the ground........curious.....if if uncheck aircraft variants and just load the basic models, will that help? ...or...?....never had that problem before......settings all the same as always....can't figure out what i did to cause that.....

i7-7700k ....msi geforce gtx 1060....msi z270 gaming m5 lga 1151 motherboard....CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) ram.....i

If you have ANY adjustment to RAM with the /3gb switch or some such, or any nairy-fairy mods to Virtual Memory, now would be a good time to change it back! Let Windows handle it!

thank you.....

QUOTE]If you have ANY adjustment to RAM with the /3gb switch or some such, or any nairy-fairy mods to Virtual Memory, now would be a good time to change it back! Let Windows handle it!

i don't understand this? ..sorry....

ok, i will uncheck unused sceneries.......just curious...will adding too many planes affect oom?....like if i uncheck add all variants, could that make a difference?

thank you.....

QUOTE]If you have ANY adjustment to RAM with the /3gb switch or some such, or any nairy-fairy mods to Virtual Memory, now would be a good time to change it back! Let Windows handle it!

i don't understand this? ..sorry....

ok, i will uncheck unused sceneries.......just curious...will adding too many planes affect oom?....like if i uncheck add all variants, could that make a difference?

The statement was simple: Any modification to memory made in your OS should be deleted and removed.

All system to be returned to original status.

The fact that you don't have any such mods rules that out.

Yes, `too many` planes could affect OOM... as could too many scenery addons.

• 7 months later...
You didn't mention what aircraft your using. But I suspect you have one with a high resolution texture. Check the sizes of the livery folders, especially those claiming "4K" or 32 bit textures. Try using a livery with smaller textures files sizes.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Had no issues for years with FSX and OOM’s until I bought a new computer and new monitors with a higher resolution. Did you change your resolution lately? I may be wrong but higher resolution equals more memory usage in FSX where display graphics uses more computer memory and not as dependent on the GPU RAM.

John C.

Had no issues for years with FSX and OOM’s until I bought a new computer and new monitors with a higher resolution. Did you change your resolution lately? I may be wrong but higher resolution equals more memory usage in FSX where display graphics uses more computer memory and not as dependent on the GPU RAM.

John C.

Yes, higher resolution means `too high a resolution`.

This applies to scenery, aircraft and textures.

Memory does not apply only to reported memory. It also appplies to reported settings. Reduce any that are causing the OOM.

Are you indeed getting an error that says out of memory or is it some other error? It may help to take a print screen of that error box. Also, look in event viewer. You can save the application and system events, zip and upload here.

The Vancouver scenery has no name. Not sure why that is. Try disabling that once and see what happens.

What is in priority 1 and 2?