There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title name

Kevin J

Hello.

I have a problem with FSX and it started because a long time ago i downloaded a repaint pack for the B738, and today i downloaded a diferent repaint pack for the B738 too, and both have a folder called texture.BA, then when i open the simulator it says ´´There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names´´ and it shows me the folder of texture.BA, i tried to delete one of those but when i open again the sim it says me the same error, i have more folders who have the same problem like texture.LOT, texture.singa and more

pls help

Thanks

And if you see some mistakes in gramar is because im spanish ok?

Welcome to the forums and the simple joys of flight sims! :rolleyes:;) The titles= line of the [fltsim.xx] need to be unique. Your problem has nothing to do with the names of the texture folders. Example below:

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=1

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=N737W

atc_airline=Boeing

atc_flight_number=

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="737-800"

ui_variation="Boeing livery"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.1]

title=Boeing 737-800 Paint2

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=2

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=N737X

atc_airline=World Travel

atc_flight_number=

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="737-800"

ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

To further expand on MZ's correct answer, EACH and EVERY title in your ENTIRE Aircraft folder must have a unique name, even if it is by a single character.

BTW deleting a texture folder won't fix it, you must correct this in the aircraft.cfg's

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I did a short search; I'm sure I've seen a reference to a utility that will find duplicate title names but did not find. If such isn't found, then the DOS level command string mentioned below WILL search your aircraft files if you start it at/inside the airplanes/folder, find all the titles and collect them in a text file in the same folder. This will facilitate the search for the offenders.

This forum page, answer #8

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/multiple-models-with-same-title.429030/

If I delete the saving of the results and only display them, I get this: but the saved text might be sorted so that duplicates are gathered together ....

display without saved file.jpg

Hope this isn't needed but you always need a plan B

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

at the link mentioned previously, Reply #20 has a link at the bottom to a still-available exe that found and displayed all of my matching AC and boats directly. I ran it from the download folder and it gave me this...

duplicates.jpg

If there are so many results that the window can't show them all, fix what you can see and rerun the finder until NO duplicates are found.

Case dismissed; Next case...:)

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

You don't need to know DOS, or run any utility. All you have to do is to go to your airplane folder and look for duplicate folders and then open the aircraft.cfgs, drag sides to cover half of screen, open the other aircraft.cfg and compare the 2 'TITLE=XXX' names. I change the 'title=name' and the 'ui_variation=name' to reflect the difference (Paint 1, Paint 2) or (Default Name, Modified Name). Then SAVE the changed aircraft.cfg. Done. Simple. Works. No programing knowledge needed.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Help us to help you. Post you aircraft.cfg's for all instances of multiple objects
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

No need to 'upload' anything. You just open aircraft.cfg in Notepad. Then go top menu to 'Edit' dropdown. Click on 'Select All' (this will highlight the entire aircraft cfg). Then go back to same 'Edit' dropdown and click on 'Copy'. If you have a reply post open you just right click anywhere and at context menu click 'Paste'. The aircraft.cfg will be posted here (after all it's just TEXT).

But to be practical, you could just hightlight the (FltSimX) section so we can see the 'title=xx', 'model=xx' and 'texture=x' to see what doesn't match, or is duplicated, which is your 'problem'. It is tantamont to a TYPO (ie: text error).

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).