A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY giving zero all the time.

Jason210

Hi

I am making a simple XML gauge for p3d, which is just a clipboard for navigation purposes. It has a gaugeString that lists a few things. One of the things I wanted to add to it was an endurance feature, but all the fuel variables I try to use always have values of zero. For example, A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY is zero. For example:

Fuel Capacity: %(A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons)%!d!\n

...will show zero all the time, as will A:FUEL TOTAL CAPACITY, A:FUEL FLOW and many other A: prefixed variables.

Any idea why this is happening? I'm not an experienced developer in this field.

I notice also that trying to use ZULU TIME just caused an exception (which I assume was caught somehow because nothing aft that was displayed).

Jason

Did you try %((A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY,gallons))%!d!

Notice: no space between the comma, and the gallons, also, you need DOUBLE parenthesis around the variable.

Does this help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

A big help thank you! I would never have guessed it was the double brackets. Why on earth does it need double brackets? Ah well.

I am sure there's a reason. I can do some more research to find out why, if you so desire, or I can post the page I was using to find out about the doubles. That way you can read it for yourself. Up to you :)

Anywho, I'm glad I could help a little :D

BTW, there's a forum called FSDevelopers, and they are a LOT better at XML than I am. I can post their address, if you like, or you can do the google thing to find it. Again, up to you :)

Have fun, and I wish you great good fortune. XML seems bass-ackwards, but it works great once you get it down.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D