Gauges

BudE

I am running MSFS 2002 in Windows 10 Compatability mode. Been over a year and never any problems, everything works great. I have downloaded quite a few aircraft from the 2002 search files, some install ok, others I get a fully functional plane, but no gauges. I follow the read me instructions and try some things not listed but still no gauges. I am missing something, but don't know what. Some planes I downloaded, installed but no gauges are, ASTRA IAI WESTWIND II, page 1012 msfs2002 search files, AIR Martinique ATR 42-300 page

1011, and PIPER MERIDAN page 1007 to name a few. Any info on getting these gauges to install would be greatlt appreciated.

I am running MSFS 2002 in Windows 10 Compatability mode. Been over a year and never any problems, everything works great. I have downloaded quite a few aircraft from the 2002 search files, some install ok, others I get a fully functional plane, but no gauges. I follow the read me instructions and try some things not listed but still no gauges. I am missing something, but don't know what. Some planes I downloaded, installed but no gauges are, ASTRA IAI WESTWIND II, page 1012 msfs2002 search files, AIR Martinique ATR 42-300 page

1011, and PIPER MERIDAN page 1007 to name a few. Any info on getting these gauges to install would be greatlt appreciated.

Try looking in the Panel Folders! I find a lot gauges there when I install Aircraft! I just move them to C:\Fs2002\Gauges\. I try to manually install addon's from a Temp folder, but sometimes that doesn't work!

Christopher Tarana

Thanks for replying Christopher, I try a lot of different ways to get the gauges into the AC, but most of the time it does not work. Question, what is a Panel, I know all the AC have them, but I don't know what their purpose is. I read somewhere that if the sound and the panel only show 1 item, that the AC is aliased with a different AC and won't show up when you try to install it. You open the panel or sound with notepad and it shows what that item is aliased with. I have got that far, but I don't know what to do to aliase it with AC shown. Have you ever gotten into that? Bud

A Panel is a group of instruments used to navigate an aircraft. In some cases an add-on will have a full panel and in some it's "aliased" to another aircraft! A panel is what the pilot would see sitting in the cockpit.

[fltsim]

alias=Lear45\panel

This Command Aliases the aircraft so it uses the Lear45 Panel!

Christopher Tarana

Edited by CTarana45

Thanks, how do you aliase an aircraft, I do not know what to do after I find out what aircraft it is aliases to.

Using the

[fltsim]

alias=Lear45\Sound

Command, You can alias the sound files too! Most of the time I copy panel and sounds from one aircraft to a new one. You can look into the C:\Fs2002\Aircraft Folder to see what aircraft are installed into Fs2002! Generally, when I install Aircraft into Fs2002, I sort by Maker, Type, And Variation! So A B-17 Bomber will look like Boeing B-17 First Air Force. And I do edit the Aircraft.cfg files a Lot!

Christopher Tarana

There are 821 Aircraft in my Fs2002 folder!

Edited by CTarana45

Christofer, would you do me a favor, in my original thread, I listed a Piper Meridan location, would you download and see if you can get the guages and tell me how you did it. I hate being a pain in the ***, but I am trying to learn how to do this. I really knew in my mind what the panel was, but wondered why the guages just could not show up in the panel in the first place. Man, you have one massive bunch of Aircraft in FS2002, I thought I had a lot with about 10 downloaded plus the original bunch. Live and learn.

Christofer, would you do me a favor, in my original thread, I listed a Piper Meridan location, would you download and see if you can get the guages and tell me how you did it. I hate being a pain in the ***, but I am trying to learn how to do this. I really knew in my mind what the panel was, but wondered why the guages just could not show up in the panel in the first place. Man, you have one massive bunch of Aircraft in FS2002, I thought I had a lot with about 10 downloaded plus the original bunch. Live and learn.

I just downloaded the IAC Westwind Aircraft and took a look at it! The first I noticed was the Gauges.Zip was Named Gauge.Zip That would open to /Gauge instead of /Gauges. In some cases I find Fs2002 aircraft with Fs2004 panels and gauges! They don't mix safely! I recently moved a lot of files from C:\Fs2002\Gauge to C:\Fs2002\Gauges!

Christopher Tarana

• 1 month later...

Just a hint I wanted to pass along that's another of those FS9 to FS2002 conversion hassles. :pilot:

Basic problem- Gauges do not display in the 2D panel but work fine in the VC.

Solution- Using one of the better paint programs (PSP, Photoshop, etc.) , check the black color for the windshield area in the main panel's BMP file. It should be listed as "0,0,0" black. Now, check the black color for the gauge bezels in the same BMP. If the color is listed as "0,0,0" black again, you just found your problem. :cool: Fill these areas with something that is close to "0,0,0" black but has an RGB value that isn't "0,0,0" black (look near the bezels for a slightly lighter color). Grab this color with the color picking tool (usually an eyedropper) and flood fill it (paint can) into these "0,0,0" black areas then save. :cool:

I run across this problem every five years or so, and it always bites me for a day before I remember the fix. :D