Textures

Sheedee

Hello;

I really hope that someone can help me with this.

I recently installed a free 737 add-on pack with different liveries included.

It came with its own installer. After it was installed i went to load one of the liveries...but most of the textures of the virtual cockpit were missing!...as you can see in the images. The first image is how its supposed to look like, and the other image is how it looks in my fsx.

Why are the textures missing...is there a fix for this?...

By the way, I am already running fsx in compatibility mode for older versions of windows. And also...this problem does not happen with the default aircraft...only addons. And also...the exterior of the models textures are fine and also for the 2d cockpit/panel...its only the textures of the virtual cockpit that are missing.

I have windows 10 by the way.

This is how its supposed to look like:

https://i.imgur.com/5bOLCda.png

And this is what it looks like after installation in fsx:

https://i.imgur.com/w353FLs.png

Was it the 180 livery pack from Rikooo? This is what I see in the VC. Were you panning around or maybe too close to the panel? You may have a VC eyepoint problem.

737 VC.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well...still very strange that it is working for you...

Do you have fsx installed on windows 10?...

And which fsx version do you have?...I have fsx gold edition installed on windows 10.

And another strange thing is that I also have a free airbus a380 installed in which everything is showing properly...so I really have no clue what the problem is.

I read somewhere that these issues occur when an add-on is not compatible with direct x 10 so they say that the solution is to uncheck the direct x 10 preview mode in fsx settings...but in my case thats not possible because my fsx does not even have that option in the settings...so go figure.shrug-796x398.png

Well...still very strange that it is working for you...

Do you have fsx installed on windows 10?...

And which fsx version do you have?...I have fsx gold edition installed on windows 10.

And another strange thing is that I also have a free airbus a380 installed in which everything is showing properly...so I really have no clue what the problem is.

I read somewhere that these issues occur when an add-on is not compatible with direct x 10 so they say that the solution is to uncheck the direct x 10 preview mode in fsx settings...but in my case thats not possible because my fsx does not even have that option in the settings...so go figure.[ATTACH=CONFIG]218006[/ATTACH]

You haven't installed FSX SP1 and SP2...

I'm running WindowsXP (as stated in my signature). FSX Standard edition. A lot of these "so-called" modifications done by developers and uploaded to Rikooo site are not that well done. Keep you eyepoint back and see if it is better. Hit your minus key once or twice while in the VC.

I see your download was a different one. I will try that one also!

Edited by mrzippy

Even with the MAX8 VC I can move close to the panel and pan around with no problem. I see that

the eyepoint is way too close to the panel at the start.

Another thought, if you still see the same missing textures when you move back in the VC, I then suspect missing VC textures maybe caused by antivirus deleting files during download or install.

[Views]

eyepoint = -18.500, -1.550, 1.900

Try either one of these [eyepoint]

[Views]

eyepoint=42.70, -1.55, 1.9 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum - Opensky Model

//eyepoint=38.70, -1.31, 3.7 // Default FS VC

Max8.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

I downloaded the same file and had issues also. So I went on to look for something else elsewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

I'm running WindowsXP (as stated in my signature). FSX Standard edition. A lot of these "so-called" modifications done by developers and uploaded to Rikooo site are not that well done. Keep you eyepoint back and see if it is better. Hit your minus key once or twice while in the VC.

I see your download was a different one. I will try that one also!

I agree mrzippy " Rikooo site are not that well done".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

The fsx gold pack came as a box with 3 dvd's in. If you forget to install the acceleration part on the 3d dvd (acceleration dvd) you won't see the dx10 option yet.

"Acceleration" ("the acceleration update") is required for many addons to work.

(btw, for people who didn't buy accel at the time there is the free service pack 1 and 2. The service packs get the addons working as well, but accell gives you several extra aircraft. The people using the service packs don't get those.

(if I remember correctly mrzippy has fsx-standard WITH acceleration).

Anywoozels, install accell. Good thing to do anyway, as fsx will run much better on the pc after that. Plus your addon probably requires Acceleration and after that is installed it will probably display properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]