Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MSFS: The Real Deal

1. Default

I don't think the FS Illuminati deleted any images, lol.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I don't think the FS Illuminati deleted any images, lol.
    I have no idea why they were pulled either but it's safe to assume they were a result of pressure. That pressure ultimately comes from the developer, be it directly or indirectly.

If the screens were still available I could point out the difference between promo and reality. I could also point out the BS you will have to put up with in order to have a graphics engine that "shows your house."
    One example I saw were trees. Great big tree shadow but there was no tree they were coming from!
    Mark Daniels

3. Default

The thing is, you haven't played this game that has yet to be released and I doubt you're a current beta tester to even lay claim to what your "opinion" is.

I respect opinion, but I respect opinion even more when it's back up with facts.

Now I'm in no way shape of form an M$ fan boy, but give the Sim a chance, see what others report and perhaps this may be the gem we've all been waiting for given the current technology at use here to develop the game using a multi core CPU and utilizing the GPU like what all modern games have been doing.

FS9 is NOT the future and will never be. That's like saying a model T is better than a modern day Porsche. In certain aspects it is given its historical aspects, but it will never be like a Porsche.

Don't pass judgment until the game has been released. I'm not going to purchase it anytime soon when it is released until I see a lot of reviews. And I'm sure like a lot of modern day games there will be gigabytes of patches afterwards. Such is the case with latest Call Of Duty Modern Warfare.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 04-10-2020 at 01:09 AM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    I have no idea why they were pulled either but it's safe to assume they were a result of pressure. That pressure ultimately comes from the developer, be it directly or indirectly.

If the screens were still available I could point out the difference between promo and reality. I could also point out the BS you will have to put up with in order to have a graphics engine that "shows your house."
    One example I saw were trees. Great big tree shadow but there was no tree they were coming from!
    I've had many of my political cartoons pulled from imgur and because of that I allow attachments to my forum where they are offloaded to the Amazon S3 cloud for data segregation. And I control and backup all those attachments myself, all the while giving the user an option to delete his/her posts if they want to delete their account.

PS. I checked the wayback machine for that image and it wasn't archived.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    The thing is, you haven't played this game that has yet to be released and I doubt you're a current beta tester to even lay claim to what your "opinion" is.

I respect opinion, but I respect opinion even more when it's back up with facts.
    My opinion is based on facts. I don't need to be a beta tester, I don't need to see the game on my PC to understand the issues that will be presented by using satellite data. I speak of things I already fully know, understand and have seen clearly in what has been released.
    If I was to say the new sims flight dynamics are no good compared to current sims, that would be a ridiculous comment not based on fact.

I have outlined why FS9 is the best sim imo. There is nobody who can run FSX fully maxed with top end add-ons. If you are turning things down, you are now bringing FSX closer to a FS9 level. Once you bring things down to around 80% or less, you are playing a game that looks worse than FS9 and still likely dealing with FPS and VAS issues. How is this a Porsche??? If it was a Porsche I would be in it too!
    Mark Daniels

Actually, it is still being Alpha tested, so there is no such thing as a beta tester.
    AS such, is not cool to knock the sim, as it is possibly not quite representative of what will be released.

For me, I do agree that FS9 is the best (for me), as, IMHO, FSX is the Vista of sims, & P3D is to intensive for my laptop. FlightGear actually works well, but that's another story.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    AS such, is not cool to knock the sim, as it is possibly not quite representative of what will be released.
    We differ in our opinion of what is cool.
    I expect to see what I am getting before I pay for it. To attempt to not show me this, I don't think is cool.

The screenshots that were pulled were representative of the final product as are all my comments. These elements in the sim will not all change on final release. It is not possible. They will be in the final product.

I also find it kinda ridiculous to be openly slamming the other sims as has been occurring. These same sims that people have defended for so long, claimed to be so great yet, overnight they are suddenly not even worth having installed on some users PC's.

Never mind, I'll just sit back.
    Mark Daniels

8. Default

For all the people who enjoy the old-style arm-chair flying simulators, I grew up with Solo Flight on the Commodore 64 - many yrs ago, with many hours of enjoyment and imagination stimulation. That doesn't mean I would prefer IT over what we have now. I, for one, am looking forward to the progress made in flight simulation. I don't want to go backward. I want to keep going forward with Lockheed, Microsoft, and Laminar. I believe a new standard will be set, and with time, the jump-over will be made because the model is so far ahead.

I also believe the global platform of VFR will grant new positive challenges for developers of scenery and planes, addons that perhaps haven't been conceived before, until now. The new graphics engines are being integrated into these newer flight simulators. Be patient. Enjoy your current flight platform. The future of gaming continues to morph into bigger and better entertainment opportunities, education, and experiences.

Peace to all.
    Timberleaf
    Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c
    "One man's chop is another man's turbulence"

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    If I was to say the new sims flight dynamics are no good compared to current sims, that would be a ridiculous comment not based on fact.
    And shortly after I state the above, this type of statement has been made at the other site and now they are arguing about it. lol
    Mark Daniels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2