Joystick help

BONDENO

Sorry Dude, you are on the wrong forum. This General Support forum is (was?) for use by OK Daley and his race cars and race tracks. But it's been dead since Dec 2018. It's not for support of anything related to PC or Flight Sim hardware / software. FYI.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

As Chuck has pointed you would be better posting your Q in another suitable forum - I suggest the

PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help forum - found HERE

That said my personal choose is the Logitech 3D Pro - see HERE for info. I have been using it for many years in both FS9 (using Win 7) and FSX (initially Win7 and now Win 10).

Although the specs say it only supports Win Vista\7\8 it runs fine on Win 10. I use it with a generic windows driver that Win 10 installed when I first connected the stick. I have had no trouble in assigning button functions for FSX and have never installed the bundled Logitech Gaming software - this software has pre-set profile settings for a number of games.

However, specific Win 10 drivers are available if required - they will be required if you intend to use the Logitech Gaming software - and they can be found HERE - two links on the page - one for 64 bit OS and one for 32 bit OS.

Regards

Brian

For 'Plug-N-Play' (no 'driver' hassles) get a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 (DO NOT get any 'Pro' or 'Force Feedback' stick). $25 to $39 on Ebay. It's made DIFFERENT than 'modern' joysticks with their (Chineese Manuf) faulty electronics, glitchy drivers, etc, etc. Not worth it. I brag about this stick and nobody listens. Somebody brags, brags, brags about some $199 joystick and everybody raves about it. Until it screws up and then you never hear from them again.

I unplug mine every day to use USB port to load data and music files to USB Sticks. So it does not lose the button assignments, etc. I have used it everyday for 15 years and is still working perfect (and no hassles). Use my head.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).