Fs9 errors

nbata1234

I was wondering if anyone knew, if there is a way to eliminate errors in fs9, fs9 sometimes crashes when flying, I was wondering if there is a way to reconfigure the sim to eliminate the chance of fs9 crashing.

Fs9 sometimes crashes over particulars areas, like south of KPSP, departing south of LAX and a big one is on APP to Athens and some of the Greek islands.

However it also crashes randomly I was wondering if anyone here had an issue with this and was able to reconfigure the sim to eliminate as many errors that cause it to crash.

I’ve re-installed the sim re installed aircraft and scenery in win 10,

I think this is from the programming in fs9, had this happen in 3pcs over 15 years.

Thanks

Typically when these crashes occur, it's due to scenery. At least it was with mine. There are some add-on sceneries that create conflicts. KCRK Akron was really buggy on my FS. Everytime I flew in that area my simulator crashed. When I deleted the scenery, everything ran smooth. I would suggest that you note where the crashes occur and look at your scenery for those areas.

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

I would want to suggest that you re-install your KCRK scenery and to then embark onto the sometimes rather tedious trial and error method by deleting groups of KCRK BGL files to your recycle bin and by then trying to re-create your crash by flying into your crash area. If the crash re-occurs you then restore the whole group of deleted BGL files from your recycle bin and delete the next group, etc. ...... until the crash no longer occurs. You then restore single BGLs until your crash re-occurs.

Using this method you can at least isolate the culprit BGL file and possibly seek further help from there.

Good luck.

Hans

Almost certainly the crashes are caused by scenery texture clashes, and probably within 20 miles of your position at the time of the crash. I say 20 miles as that is the sort of distance at which FS9 is preparing to use a texture, and then discovers it clashes with a second texture it is already using, or with all the textures it is currently using. Could be one 32 bit texture against DXT1 or DXT3 textures (happened to me). Could be an unmipped texture versus mipped textures (again, has happened to me). Check your scenery texture folders for the one that stands out as different.

In an entirely different direction, if you have very complex sceneries, you can experience crashes due to overheating of either the CPU or GPU or both. This can easily be checked on MOST computers by installing and running a product such as SpeedFan, which will monitor (amongst other things) the speed of your cooling fan(s) and temperature sensors.

This would also be a good time to take the cover off your computer and check how much dust is on the fans and cooling fins. If it is "a lot", then either vaccuum or brush the dust off. Dust is a very effective insulator and will greatly contribute to overheating.

Note that this product will in general, not be very useful on a laptop. Laptops are usually installed with their own, similar, hardware management and monitoring products, and you should investigate those. Removing dust from inside laptops varies from moderately difficult to immensely difficult.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

I would want to suggest that you re-install your KCRK scenery and to then embark onto the sometimes rather tedious trial and error method by deleting groups of KCRK BGL files to your recycle bin and by then trying to re-create your crash by flying into your crash area. If the crash re-occurs you then restore the whole group of deleted BGL files from your recycle bin and delete the next group, etc. ...... until the crash no longer occurs. You then restore single BGLs until your crash re-occurs.

Using this method you can at least isolate the culprit BGL file and possibly seek further help from there.

Good luck.

Hans

Thank You Hans! I have actually done what you have said and it worked of course. However, in deleting the bgl file that caused the crash, it removed some really nice features from the scenery. Oh well, I can live without it.

Waist gunner,

You've made me very inquisitive as to your "culprit" BGL file and it's related textures. I tried to find the FS9 KCRK airport but was not successful.

From where did you download it ? A link maybe ? What is the normal name of this airport ?

Regards

Hans

Waist gunner,

You've made me very inquisitive as to your "culprit" BGL file and it's related textures. I tried to find the FS9 KCRK airport but was not successful.

From where did you download it ? A link maybe ? What is the normal name of this airport ?

Regards

Hans

I'm sorry Hans - I went back to find the file and the name that I gave you is wrong. It's KCAK_FS2004.zip and you can find it on this website. At my age, I sometimes mix up the R's with the A's. My vision isn't that good anymore. But somewhere in that file, there is something that creates a conflict on my machine and causes it to crash. Good Luck!

Brigadier,

I downloaded the file "KCAK_FS2004.zip" and tried to install it in my FS9 (Win7) .... but .... during the installation an error message already appeared saying something to the effect that "could not parse the file "KCAK_ade9_ade.bgl". Skipping this specific file was then the only option.

In the texture folder I also found some textures with strange and for me (15 years of technical FS9 experience) unknown extensions, which I deleted.

I then tried to open a flight at KCAK but the loading process stopped at around 5% and remained there for at least 5 minutes. Cancelling and deleting the whole airport was then for me the only remaining option.

Sorry about this but this specific version of the FS9 KCAK airport scenery is just too unpredictable and my advice is to delete and forget it, just like I was forced to do.

Hans

Thank You Hans! I thought it was just me but I'm glad you saw what was happening. During WWII there was a huge hangar there for Lighter than air ships (Zeppelins). That was really the only reason the I had downloaded it. But before I could see what was there, errors crashed my system. Maybe another scenery will appear that's not so buggy!