Ultimate Traffic 2 (re)installation problems to newly installed FSX Steam Edition

Sibow

Hello all,

After scouring the web for solutions to this issue I am hoping one of you who is more technically minded will be able to help.

I recently installed FSX Steam having previously been running FSX boxed edition for many years. I have managed to migrate EZ Camera and GSX to my addons, but not Ultimate Traffic 2.

My first thought was to reinstall UT2 usingthe disk. Unfortunately my UT2 is a boxed edition and the disk does not seem to work in my D: drive any longer. When I insert it I receive the message D:\ The directory name is invalid.

Now I still have UT2 installed on my PC, but have uninstalled my original copy of FSX boxed. When I click on the UT2 shortcut, I receive the message

"Flight Simulator X Missing. Unable to find Flight Simulator X. Please Press OK then select the FSX directory with the provided dialogue"

I presume it is asked me to re-establish a path to FSX SE, and that if I link it to FSX Steam exe.xml file, it will show up as an add on in FSX SE. Problem is,

a)I'm not sure that I am right

b)If I am, I don't know what to do/ what changes to make to get it going again.

Any help gratefully received. Please excuse my ignorance - I am not particularly technically minded, so you will have to spell it out in plain English, including if you need more info (which I am happy to provide) you will need to be explain what you need in (for you guys) Very basic terms!!

Thanks in advance!

Si

Hello Sibow, welcome aboard.

We will TRY to help. I doubt that I, personally, can help 'cause when I couldn't get UT (for FS9) to run on my new build with FSX I took the 'chicken' way out. I just copied the Aircraft and the Traffic files over to FSX and to this day, I still run the old traffic on FSX, FSX-steam, P3d 2.5 and P3d 3.4.... I don't do much big airport stuff and at 38,000' a contrail is a contrail is a contrail...

If someone out there is knowledgeable about your issue, perhaps that person will drop by in time to be useful. If not, oh well.. copy; paste and move on.

Sorry, that's all I got for you

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners