Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Installing FSX on Win10 ERROR 1310, 1304..

Blog Entries

Don't know what you stand to lose but a bad drive is pretty well lost...
    I'd copy what you can if you have the need and space, Reformat, not 'quick' but the long way - I think Windows would check and flag problem areas and save what it could. I'm NOT totally sure this is the best step; it's just what I would (and have done) to 'problem' drives like my older 2TB usb drive. Give others time to tell you I'm wrong. Follow the consensus or follow what you think is the safest approach for you, after due diligence...

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying:
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;
    quiet, fast and cool running.
    Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;
    Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games
    A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

You say you ran chkdsk but have you tried sfc /scannow? The System File Checker? This can repair missing files etc

3. Default

Just last week I decided to install FSX Delux with Acceleration again (both boxed version) onto Windows 10 64 bit for the first time, last time was in windows 7 and I also had a bit of trouble installing from the Discs.
    Windows 10, I ended up just copying the files from each disc to my external USB3 HDD and installing them from the setup file within the folder [Disc 1] and then [Disc 2] (when it asked) it then seemed to work without error.
    NOTE: I was using a ASUS External USB DVD drive which always gave me the same error about 2 files (both my computer and my sons computer both running windows 10 64 bit), It sounded like it was having trouble reading the disc's (both discs are clean but with very light scratching), I do know that CD's/DVD disc's start to deteriorate over time usually around the 12-13 year mark they start to do this (this could be a factor), I bought FSX in 2006.

THOUGHT'S: The disc's worked on Windows 7 64 bit with an internal DVD Drive but the Install seemed to take for ever or even stall but still installed with no errors (it took much longer to install than XP did with the same setup) (XP/Win7 dual booted) WD Black HDD (NTFS)
    With Windows 10 64bit with Samsung 500 GB SSD (brand new also NTFS) . I had nothing but headaches with the install using an External USB DVD Drive.

If I can think of anything else I'll edit my post with updated info.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    Just last week I decided to install FSX Delux with Acceleration again (both boxed version) onto Windows 10 64 bit for the first time, last time was in windows 7 and I also had a bit of trouble installing from the Discs.
    Windows 10, I ended up just copying the files from each disc to my external USB3 HDD and installing them from the setup file within the folder [Disc 1] and then [Disc 2] (when it asked) it then seemed to work without error.
    NOTE: I was using a ASUS External USB DVD drive which always gave me the same error about 2 files (both my computer and my sons computer both running windows 10 64 bit), It sounded like it was having trouble reading the disc's (both discs are clean but with very light scratching), I do know that CD's/DVD disc's start to deteriorate over time usually around the 12-13 year mark they start to do this (this could be a factor), I bought FSX in 2006.

THOUGHT'S: The disc's worked on Windows 7 64 bit with an internal DVD Drive but the Install seemed to take for ever or even stall but still installed with no errors (it took much longer to install than XP did with the same setup) (XP/Win7 dual booted) WD Black HDD (NTFS)
    With Windows 10 64bit with Samsung 500 GB SSD (brand new also NTFS) . I had nothing but headaches with the install using an External USB DVD Drive.

If I can think of anything else I'll edit my post with updated info.

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Hi did you install the new Windows 10 upgrade version 1909?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Did you - very importantly -

1. Install outside C:\Program Files (x86), and

2. Run the installer as Administrator?

Jorgen

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Did you - very importantly -

1. Install outside C:\Program Files (x86), and

2. Run the installer as Administrator?

Jorgen
    I am installing FSX on a separate SSD drive (D:\). This is not my boot/windows drive.

I think I have a bad SATA cable. I'm going to order a new SATA III cable and see if it helps any. Couldn't hurt right?

Right now, every time I try to format the drive (Quick or long) the windows format always freezes up and even task manager won't stop it. I have to re-boot the system to stop/cancel the format process.

I will let you know next week what happens..

Scott
    Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alexbreza View Post
    Hi did you install the new Windows 10 upgrade version 1909?
    Indeed I did, I have no problems so far.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vomacka View Post
    I have been trying to install FSX standard (From installation CD) on my new, formatted, SSD drive (D:\FSX). This drive is NOT my boot/Win 10 drive.

However, I keep getting these two error messages when it starts to install the files in the new Scenery folder:

Error 1310. Error writing to file.
    D:\Scenery\NAMC\Texture\Alpha_lm.dds Verify that you have access to that directory.

Error 1304. Error writing to file.
    D:\Scenery\NAMC\Texture\amb_bridge,dds. Verify that you have access to that directory.

Then the installation stops and closes the window.

What am I doing wrong? The drive is formatted (NTFS) and I am able to create a FSX folder on it with no problems.

Scott
    Hi Scott.

In the end I could not get FSX +Acceleration (Boxed version) Working with Windows 10 64 bit either.
    I just ended up biting the bullet and purchased the Steam Edition on sale for $7.49 and installed it onto my New Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD storage drive just for FSX and it installed perfectly without error.
    You might have some success going the same route.
    The boxed version I think is toast!

I'm loving it, I can finally fly again, very happy!
    Last edited by Hugo Boss; 04-20-2020 at 07:57 AM.

9. Default

Indeed I did, I have no problems so far.
    I ended up getting another error after uninstalling due to file corruption, it will no longer work on any system that I have, windows 7 or windows 10.
    So I bought the Steam Edition and have not had any problems at all. Reinstalled it 3 times over the last week and a half just to test it and every time it installed without errors.

10. Default

Hi Scott.

In the end I could not get FSX +Acceleration (Boxed version) Working with Windows 10 64 bit either.
    I just ended up biting the bullet and purchased the Steam Edition on sale for $7.49 and installed it onto my New Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD storage drive just for FSX and it installed perfectly without error.
    You might have some success going the same route.
    The boxed version I think is toast!

I'm loving it, I can finally fly again, very happy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200421011931_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	218360

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast