I Dreamed a Dream

andyjohnston

Had a dream last night where I was talking to a guy who wanted to be a fighter pilot. But not flying in war zones, that's dangerous.

And he didn't want to test new planes either, that's dangerous too.

He just wanted to be able to fly fighter jets around for no reason. You know, like they do all the time...

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Yeah. In thier dreams. Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Sounds like a lot of the entitled younger folks, out there.

I've actually heard, with my own two ears, mind you, guys complaining when they get deployed. They didn't want to have to go fight, actually get in danger, they just wanted to get an education, and some experience.

Then they whine and moan, and wonder what they can do to get out of their contract.

I tell them that the best way out, is through. Do what you're told, when you're told, and just wait until your contract expires. How about that? Ohhhh no, no, nonono! They use real bullets, and real guns "over there". I might get hurt! Waaaahhhhh!

Or: But I wanted to fly FIGHTERS, why am I stuck as the supply officer! I even told the recruiter I wanted to fly fighters! waaaahhhh!!!

I didn't want to have to go through some kind of "basic training", either. Just let me be an officer so I can fly the fighters. They're where the fun's at...

Nauseating, I tell ya, disgusting and nauseating!

Oh well, have fun out there, if you can!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I was at a Radar Site while in the Air Force (1960 to 64). And we got these '30 DAY WONDERS' ('entitled teens') that joined the Air Force so as to not be drafted and get shipped to Nam. They had no Basic Training, and NO electronic training, so they just sat around looking preatty. They were told: 'DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING' - just SIT over there. They were from 'the East coast'. They got drunk every night. Pitiful ('I want my Mommie' types) with no morals, no respect, no maners (did not chew but gobbled everything down) and all you would hear is 'Me Me Me'. One was overheard complaining: 'I might as well be down at the motor pool'. Guess where he go re-assigned to? Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I was at a Radar Site while in the Air Force (1960 to 64). And we got these '30 DAY WONDERS' ('entitled teens') that joined the Air Force so as to not be drafted and get shipped to Nam. They had no Basic Training, and NO electronic training, so they just sat around looking preatty. They were told: 'DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING' - just SIT over there. They were from 'the East coast'. They got drunk every night. Pitiful ('I want my Mommie' types) with no morals, no respect, no maners (did not chew but gobbled everything down) and all you would hear is 'Me Me Me'. One was overheard complaining: 'I might as well be down at the motor pool'. Guess where he go re-assigned to? Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

I used to teach these scum to ride: Even though I reminded every single one there were NO dual-control motocycles they still blamed us instructors for any getoff: One of them eventually lost his head on Battersea Bridge. He was warned NOT to wheelie and dismally failed the skills test!

After that, we all learned to let 'em die... :rolleyes: