Ist impressions Logitech Pro Yoke System and FSX

This flight yoke system is a terrific upgrade and enhanced flight experience flying FSX over my former Cyborg joystick adventures. I'm running a Windows 10, 64 bit Dell desktop with just a 23" monitor.... for now.

IMHO it's a quite sturdy product and was dead simple to assemble and attach to my PC desk keyboard tray. Warning - be sure to watch for the TINY packet containing the 4 screws needed to mount the clamp to the quadrant - or you theoretically 'could' spend a half hour needlessly upset and frustrated with your new neat gizmo until you saw the durn screw pack at your feet on the carpet under your dining room table- LOL

NOT a fan of the rubbish, outdated manual I needed to first find online and then download and print, created it seems before Windows 10 even existed? FINALLY figured out through frustrating trial and error how to assign functions to the throttle quadrant levers and buttons, since the "manual" and website "support" all seemed to want me to try and download and install drivers that failed to fully install and as it turned out are NOT needed to be added to my PC.

As it is the throttle quadrant remains invisible to the FSX setting controls screen. Is this normal? I so, it sure would be nice for Logitech to let buyers know that little detail? FSX isn't exactly a new-to-the-sim world product.

One would think that a clear and concise single sheet of up-to-date instructions should at the very least be available in PDF format on the company site? I mean, c'mon, this ain't rocket surgery ner nuthin'. I realize that we retired geezers can sometimes be a bit "unenlightened" with regards technology, but we can and will follow simple instructions - lol

I fully expect these realistic yoke controls to provide me with hours and hours of flying fun, and I likely WILL want to expand my home "cockpit" with some rudder pedals and a much larger monitor down the road. So far The Pro Yoke System gets a big thumbs-up from me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

As it is the throttle quadrant remains invisible to the FSX setting controls screen.

The quad isn't invisible, it appears as part of the yoke. In other words, when you go to program the yoke you will discover that it has five analogue axes instead of two, and six more buttons than you would expect.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

And THAT my friend, is substantially more practical, concise information than available to mere mortals the dandy thing and tried to follow the company's not-included or on their website's instructions.

A techno-dope like me would think that there were enough character spaces in the Settings/Controls line to read "Saitek Yoke & Quadrant", rather than only Saitek Yoke? But I ain't no fancy gaming programmer ner nuthin'. LOL

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Looks like my "down the road" comment was actually a quick walk across the street -lol. It took less than 72 hours from opening the box to my jumping on Amazon to purchase a new 32" curved screen gaming monitor to replace my 23" flat screen.

The combination of a few extra bucks at the end of a month with my total lack of will power or patience has been keeping the economy going for most of my 71 years - LOL

I will try to post pics and a brief review of my rookie setup once the new gizmo arrives and endures the disinfected quarantine I give everything that comes into my home these days.

Edited by chicagorandy