Fs9 is there a future

BONDENO

I really hope we still get scenery and AI Planes, flight plans etc. for Fs9. It looks like it’s on the decline to what is being made for free; I still love this Sim as I can switch it up to top performance without a glitch, Please still give this version Future

It looks like it’s on the decline to what is being made for free

It's 17 years old. You can't expect new development.

The add-ons I have already cover more than my lifetime will allow so yes, it has a future. I really don't see myself ever changing to another flight sim or running out of things to do in FS9.

It's the best of the best.

Mark Daniels

It actually HAS a future.. Milton(& team), Shessie & many others are still giving us freeware.

Has anyone had a look at the amazing free site at http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/ The late Garry Smith developed a great site & add-ons for us.

I have 7 different themed installs of FS2004, Golden Wings, Ford Tri-Motor Project, Vintage Flight, Heritage Flight, Historical Flight, Alaska, & even a Space Flight, with Space scenery & space ships.

So, why have I all of these installs? To keep them managable, themed & to prevent scenery clashes!!

None of the other sims have aircraft & scenery that can be themed, & only FS2004 can have multiple installs!!

So, is it on the decline? Not for me, nor for those that think 'out of the box'.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

"I think someone asked the same question in 2006."

And every few months thereafter. Like Mark said, with the bazillion freeware and payware adds still available, have a blast for year to come.

Neil

Edited by Qballbandit

Dakor!

Best Flightsim, OFFERS everything what is needed , EXCEPTION is AI engine which NEVER got UPDATED in all the years.

Incompetent, NON pilots where designing the AI Environment.

All CORRECTIONS, 89 items by myself alone where reported to MS within the first year alone, BUT these arrogant ...

never replied.

FS9 otherwise is a fine Flight Simulator!!! EVEN as of today.

Sincerely G. Kirschstein

If you look DEEP enough you will find that FS2004 did not teach M$ anything concerning handling (ie: Flight Dynamics). Screw the AI garbage. And you will also find that FSX did not each M$ anything cocerning handling (ie: Flight Dynamics). Screw the AI garbage. And you will more than likely find that FS2020 will not teach M$ anyting concerning handling (ie: Flight Dynamics). Screw the AI garbage. So who are the 'dummies' here?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

only downside i like to keep my AI up to date

Personally, I really don't care about up to date AI but regarding AI, to keep AI up to date is a massive task. There is no flight sim and never will be that will keep it all up to date. It will be a battle you will always be fighting with any flight sim. It's also a massive time killer trying to keep it up to date when you could just be having fun and flying.

I run all the WOAI packages. They give me great variety in AI. I see airlines that no longer exist which I enjoy and is kinda nice. My FS9 will be stuck in the WOAI time period forever and I'm totally fine with that.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Here is something else of interest from the file library.

FS2002: 27,483 files

FS2004: 93,622 files

FSX: 42,603 files

We have masses of content. The FS2004 period was the peak in development quantity and flight sim interest.

As for the new MSFS, I would expect it to have the lowest figures. I would also bet my house if you took an "average cost per add-on" figure across all freeware and payware add-ons, MSFS will be through the roof compared to any other flight sim.

The future of other sims is high cost, high risk, many issues and ultimately huge disappointment.

None of this applies to FS9.

Mark Daniels

there is a new high quality scenery in the pipeline for FS2004. Renton Municipal KRNT is being developed. release date is unknown as the guys who are developing it are busy at the moment. i've got the v1 version to test and I'm looking into enhancing the surrounding area with buildings and custom autogen/vegetation. FS9 IS ALIVE. I have a youtube channel for the sim and it is slowly growing. FS9 users are very passionate about this sim. it is stable and always brings joy to its users

Not forgetting that FS2004 works on anything!

I didn't forget that myself Robin. Falls under high cost.

I like the technical, pushing button side to flight simming.

With iFly 737 in FS9 or PMDG 737 in MSFS what will be the difference? The only difference will be several thousands of dollars to push the buttons in MSFS after the required software and hardware purchases.

Even after this, then I will have to most likely still deal with poor FPS even on the most expensive system when coming into airports like a custom Heathrow.

Using FS9, I have an awesome looking Heathrow, can run any weather, can come in at the end of a 6 hour flight, FS9 won't crash, it won't stutter, I can just fly in, enjoy the view and focus on a perfect landing.

People will be paying thousands and sitting there in frustration trying to achieve what I can do so easily.

They do this now using FSX!

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Despite all the very positive comments here, FS9 has a very big lack: the conical shape of the world and therefore the impossibility to land and take-off corectly at Artic and Antarctic airfields. Not very used areas, I agree. But annoying nevertheless.

Bernard