Thread: A2A P-40 no sound in 2D

Default A2A P-40 no sound in 2D

I'm am very grateful for the P-40 that A2A has offered and it's a terrific plane. There is no 2D cockpit provided, but there are some instances where are prefer just to use the minipanel afforded that pops up cycling the "W" key (like short final in unimproved strips) However, when I do so and leave the VC where the sound is fine, I lose the interior sounds. Outside view is no issue, and in the VC is ok.. Can I correct this anyway,?? Thank you for any and all suggestions... Again... this is a super download...

Doubtful! Now is a good a time as any to practice your landings like a real pilot! Landing a taildragger is not that hard, with practice.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Mr. Z.. so true..however, my peripheral vision isn't what it was 30 years ago. I'd hate to prang a new airplane in the hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by simtech95209 View Post
    Mr. Z.. so true..however, my peripheral vision isn't what it was 30 years ago. I'd hate to prang a new airplane in the hangar.
    I am going to try an experiment...I have an IRIS P-40 with a 2D cockpit. I will see if it will go into the A2A model and work. May take a few whacks with my big hammer!

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

My little video card is maxing out with the glare. If the sun is up, I can barely see through the windshield of the VC. 2D is ok..that's another reason.... Time for a new 'puter...

Interesting observation:
    When I changed views using the coolie hat, when the view changed, engine sounds returned in that view. When I returned to front view, engine sounds quit....Perhaps there's something in the sound.cfg...

Operation Success!.. Sure enough, the engine sounds were tagged to be present in outside view (code 2 only). I changed to a blank signifying sounds present at all times.. Works all the time.... Thanks for your support Mr. Z..BTW, how did the panel mod turn out? I just might have that IRIS airplane on the back lot somewhere...
    Last edited by simtech95209; 04-02-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: additional info

Total failure for a 2D cockpit and could not even get a mini panel to show. By hitting the a key, you can change to the clear view without any panel or instruments. For whatever reason, I guess my windscreen got covered with oil or something! All sounds were good in the clear, forward view.

Yes, my views are clear when not looking through the VC. But, thankfully that wonderful engine sound is back in all views... Thank you for trying the other 2D panel...This panel is fine, just that at middle of the day, the glare is extreme and my poor video card only sees shades of grey...