fs9 custom scenery to fsx

nbata1234

Good afternoon to the group I was wondering if anyone here has been able to transfer scenery that they built with ez scenery and RWY12 and also instant scenery to fsx, I realize the coordinates and other things a different however I was wondering if there’s a way to transfer them.

Thanks

Just copy over the library BGL files and associated textures from your FS2004 to your FSX (or reinstall them), and then copy over the EZS and RWY12 placement BGL files. They will show up fine. The only issue will be if the objects contain any transparency - objects sitting behind the transparent areas may not display. This can be fixed by:

1. Import the library BGL file into ModelConverterX

2. Use the green arrows to find the objects with transparency,

3. Open the Material Editor and find the texture(s) that have the transparency

4. Choose Set Default Transparent from the drop down box

5. Press the Apply button

6. Repeat if needed until parts are properly transparent.

7. Export Scenery (not Export Object) to export the library in FSX format.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks a million Tom,

I’ll give it a try, I have 5 years of scenery that would take a while to re build in fsx, I was also wondering if there was a way to modify scenery to be used with different terrain mesh, I created a few scenery objects that a off the airport environment and would have a uneven object height:

like a bridge or a line of houses would be if you were to switch to a advance terrain mesh other than the default fs9 mesh.

Thanks again I’m a big fan of the cal classic scenery

Normally library objects when placed will sit at ground level (no matter the elevation), so that shouldn't be a problem. If these are long rows of objects (for example) and the slope of the land is different I don't know of a way to fix that for FSX, especially since pitch and bank settings do not work in that sim.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com