Logitech vs Saitek Pedal - Has it Changed?

Hello everyone,

I ordered a pair of CH pedals a week ago, and used them for a couple of days. In short, they were massively disappointing - the rudder travel has a huge deadzone in the left extreme of its range but not the right, and an inexplicable bump in the sliding action going to the right but not the left. I decided to RMA the unit and come here and AVSIM for an opinion.

After that experience, the next logical go-to is the Logitech/Saitek pedals. The reason I did not go for that at first is because of the negative reviews regarding quality control and longevity. The problem is: those posts were made years ago before Logitech's acquisition of Saitek. Now that Logitech has taken over, has the quality control changed? For people who use those pedals, how do you find them and what's your biggest complaint? For people who used the CH pedals, is my experience a one-of?

I do understand that at this price point, there is no "perfect pedal," which is precisely the reason I came here for the "lesser of the two evils" answer. I am also aware of the VKB, MFG, Virtualfly, etc. pedals. Those are well out of my budget when brand new. If anyone has a used set to sell, I'd be open for some pricing discussions, but otherwise, I'm firmly stuck in the low end of the price spectrum.

Any inputs on these issues are welcomed; thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Never had pedals before and trying to choose among Thrustmaster, Logitech and MFG products was daunting. A couple weeks ago I went with the Logotech yoke/quadrant to move the sim reality level up from many decades of various budget joysticks.

Knowing how much of my retirement time will 'realistically' be spent in a flight sim, I decided to save a Benjamin and went with the Thrustmaster pedals. That extra hundo has already been diverted to ordering an upgraded graphics card for my desktop PC.

Might soon upgrade my Dell desktop's CPU and OF COURSE, soon to arrive stimulus $$ meant an order for a 32' curved monitor to step up from my 23" flat screen - LOL

So many possible toys, so little time and fortune - LOL

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

For most things beyond the obvious crapola, most items are made reasonably well. That said, no matter WHAT the product might be, you can rely upon the interwebs to have a plethora of totally contrary reviews on that product - lol I try to always buy what fits MY realistic needs and budget and 'get a hunch, bet a bunch'. With Amazon Prime, must all purchases have a pretty liberal return policy, even after initial use, so all I have lost on a VERY occasions has been the time and hassle of returning a dud.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I've had analog CH pedals for about ten years. There's a couple of dead spots, and the left rudder "twitches" whenever I press it. Makes slips difficult. I've been wanting to upgrade to digital pedals, to avoid the twitches and deadspots, so I'm for sure interested in this thread. Good luck.

DOH!

Just reread my post, I can spell and organize my thoughts at the same time, I just can't type fer diddly-squat.

My new curved screen gaming monitor arrived today. Lest you think I have Jeff Bezos $$$, it is a 32 INCH monitor, not 32 FEET as I typed - LOL