Around the World...again

In one of my most recent flights I found myself in a Mooney Acclaim with a glass cockpit and flew it out to St John's, Newfoundland, so I figured I'd make another trip around the world. So here I am, ready to set out:

2020-3-31_20-39-18-868.jpg

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Have some cold starting out! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spent the night in Iceland before continuing on to London. Was having some crazy framerate issues and was barely able to control the aircraft, let alone get much in the way of screenshots.

2020-4-1_9-15-21-30.jpg

2020-4-1_9-25-49-472.jpg

Nice shots!!

And good to know where 6004F is. I was going to "borrow" it from Jan Von Peerhoven's hanger and found it was missing. But don't worry about it! He still has a few planes left that he's not crashed into the water. I'll just take another and that way it'll stay dry for now.

He's so out of it nowadays, he won't notice another one missing one way or the other! ;):p

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

From London I followed the VOR down south to Paris. The last time I was in this part of the FS-World, the weather was bad and I couldn't see much, so I was glad to be able to do a tiny bit of sight-seeing.

2020-4-1_15-4-22-113.jpg

Crossed over to Africa and made my first landing at somewhere or other. Some years ago I used to fly in and out of Banjul, so I made it my next landing, a little after dark. In the morning I set out again for a landing in Togo, and followed that up with a landing at...that little island of the west coast.

2020-4-2_16-34-23-7.jpg

2020-4-2_17-25-45-987.jpg

I had thought about going south to cross into the Americas, but the distances are too much for this aircraft, so I'll follow the normal route through the east, which includes landing at Kathmandu.

2020-4-4_13-38-11-858.jpg

2020-4-4_13-42-52-307.jpg

Looks really familiar there Andy! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Landing with the big boys

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice shots!! I especially enjoyed the stop at Hong Kong!! Unless you've flown the old approach to the old airport, you can't even understand how lucky you are to fly the modern approach!! :eek::eek:

BTW: Depending on the weather Gods, Kathmandu still has some cross wind issues of its' own. And if you go through Paro, expect to feel you're on a theme park ride on your approach. Your passengers, if you're carrying any, will almost certainly need barf bags! :mad:

Having said that, you're in a small enough plane the biggest obstacle on approach to Paro might be to remember to ignore the fabulous scenery!! Things happen swiftly at that rate of descent!!! :rolleyes: Keep us posted!

Michael

My BAD!!!:o

I forgot how long the hops are that you're taking. I read the verbage about going through Kathmandu and didn't even pay attention that you already showed arriving at Hong Kong and Tokyo on the same post. So obviously you've long since passed Paro!

Oh well, maybe next time you're in the area you can pop in. If you're an adrenaline junky, you'll never forget it!

Michael

Once again, landing at one of my favourite airports at Mountain Top

2020-4-6_13-12-35-542.jpg

Where I had to go through customs before proceeding.

2020-4-6_13-16-50-262.jpg