Automatic Weather Observation "ATIS" missing

Lissart

Evening all,

I am no longer able to receive and hear the Automatic Weather Observations "ASOS/ATIS" messages at uncontrolled airports - i.e. those which only have the Auto Weather obs. At larger airports, the standard ATIS is still available. I suspect that this may be due to the voice used for the Auto Ob being missing, as I have recently been experimenting with voice packs, Editvoice Pack v3 and MyTraffic 2005 - all of which (apparently) alter the MS voice pack. So the more "robotic" voice used for the auto ob has been lost somehow....? This may of course NOT be the reason! I have re-installed the original files from the FS9 CD no2 (usenglishbig/small.gvp) but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone...?

Lissart

Evening all,

I am no longer able to receive and hear the Automatic Weather Observations "ASOS/ATIS" messages at uncontrolled airports - i.e. those which only have the Auto Weather obs. At larger airports, the standard ATIS is still available. I suspect that this may be due to the voice used for the Auto Ob being missing, as I have recently been experimenting with voice packs, Editvoice Pack v3 and MyTraffic 2005 - all of which (apparently) alter the MS voice pack. So the more "robotic" voice used for the auto ob has been lost somehow....? This may of course NOT be the reason! I have re-installed the original files from the FS9 CD no2 (usenglishbig/small.gvp) but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone...?

Lissart

Has it not been removed? There is no weather download in FSX...

Dijon,

I have now! I found it - or rather discovered its absence - before reading your post. On replacing USEnglishASOS normal service resumed. As soon as I saw this file in my second copy of FS (partitioned hard drive), I went to search for it in the original. It was missing. I know not why.

Nonetheless, if I had not worked it out your post would have solved it for me - thanks!

L

So let me get this right, if the USEnglishASOS is removed you no longer get the ATIS is that correct?

The reason I ask is, many a time I'm parked an an airport and the ATIS comes on by itself and the AI can't get through to the tower because of it, thus long delays of aircraft sat at gates waiting, it drives me nuts.

OK so it is not real to have no ATIS but I would do without it.

Came back to add:

I disabled that file and still the ATIS came on, so that answered that question.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948