Help with FSX install

alexbreza

Hello all, I had FSX 2 versions installed one on Steam and the other on PC DVD. I uninstalled both versions and permanently deleted Steam version. Now I reinstalled the PC DVD version on my computer and when I start FSX main menu on the right had side for Home just above the Free Flight and Missions it shows in the middle Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam Edition. Included an attachment. Help would be greatly appreciated how to revert back to original home screen.

Thank you

fsx steam.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Thank you f16jockey2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Back in March 2017 I had a similar question concerning Steam poping up on my FSX home screen, " Ole Grey Ghost had the answer I was looking for. Check it out.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?305036-FSX-Steam-Addware

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Type x64-based PC

In your settings, check "Show Opening Screen". It will always start On the Opening Screen and not the Home Page.

That did not work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Type x64-based PC

Hello alexbreza,

The truth is, you cannot change this, the Home screen is now indelibly linked to the Steam-FSinsider webpage, instead of the original FSInsider.com Microsoft webpage. Wether you are running FSX boxed or Steam the Home screen will only link you to steam offerings.

Since the original FSInsider info is nolonger accessible for FSX boxed users it would be best not to use the Home screen, the sim will always start on the Freeflight screen as Wim & Zippy have stated.

It would also be a good idea to avoid corrupting your sim by ignoring any Steam Edition - Beta branch offerings.

The Home page is now useless for FSX Boxed versions.

Damn guys! I keep saying that after 25 years of flight simming, I still learn something new every day - you've just gone and proved that again. Thanks to all contributors and hope you all stay safe.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hello alexbreza,

The truth is, you cannot change this, the Home screen is now indelibly linked to the Steam-FSinsider webpage, instead of the original FSInsider.com Microsoft webpage. Wether you are running FSX boxed or Steam the Home screen will only link you to steam offerings.

Since the original FSInsider info is nolonger accessible for FSX boxed users it would be best not to use the Home screen, the sim will always start on the Freeflight screen as Wim & Zippy have stated.

It would also be a good idea to avoid corrupting your sim by ignoring any Steam Edition - Beta branch offerings.

The Home page is now useless for FSX Boxed versions.

Using the boxed version and deleted the steam version on STEAM. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Type x64-based PC

Wow now that is a Winner!:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Type x64-based PC