Activation Problem - loaded FSX on new computer

Dobick

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and did a fresh install of FSX Gold Edition using the dvds.

During install I entered the product key for FSX but was never asked to enter the product key for Acceleration.

Now after 30 minutes of flying, I used up my demo time and receive an error message about product activation.

How do I activate FSX so I can get full use of the program?

I tried to run the activation wizard in the FSX folder but that did not seem to do anything.

Where is the activation screen?

Help!

how beautiful this world is....................................

I had the same question yesterday , i'm 67yrs (wonder if flightsim can update my profile, i'm no longer a junior member but happy with the compliment) I was a bit reluctant to poke around in the registry, as

was the solution for me, and Acceleration is running great now.

In regedit : Navigate each level of the above string till you arrive at the Key that you need to change the Value of the UpperFilters entry from 0 to PartMgr and remove any other words/numerals other than PartMgr in the dialog box where you add the value to the UpperFilters within this Key. Note that the word PartMgr is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown.

Here is the navigation path to the required Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE begin here and follow the folder tree

SYSTEM navigate to here

CURRENTCONTROLSET then to here

CONTROL then to here

CLASS then to here

click on :

{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} find this exact key as shown here

doubleclick: Upper Filters , must only show>> PartMgr in exact cases.

Restart FSX , Acceleration Activation screen will appear

stay healthy.........

WIN10 I7 6700k 16GB GTX1050TI SSD 500G

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

I had the same question yesterday , i'm 67yrs (wonder if flightsim can update my profile, i'm no longer a junior member but happy with the compliment)

You will lose the Junior Member after 100 posts! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I had the same question yesterday , i'm 67yrs (wonder if flightsim can update my profile, i'm no longer a junior member but happy with the compliment) I was a bit reluctant to poke around in the registry, as

was the solution for me, and Acceleration is running great now.

In regedit : Navigate each level of the above string till you arrive at the Key that you need to change the Value of the UpperFilters entry from 0 to PartMgr and remove any other words/numerals other than PartMgr in the dialog box where you add the value to the UpperFilters within this Key. Note that the word PartMgr is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown.

Here is the navigation path to the required Key

SYSTEM navigate to here

CONTROL then to here

CLASS then to here

click on :

doubleclick: Upper Filters , must only show>> PartMgr in exact cases.

Restart FSX , Acceleration Activation screen will appear

stay healthy.........

WIN10 I7 6700k 16GB GTX1050TI SSD 500G

Junior Member status has NOTHING to do withr posters age, only number of posts.

Get to 100+ posts and you will see...

(WIN10home 64bit , ASUS MB , I7 6700K , GTX1050TI4GB , 16GB DDR4)

o.k. sorry for this, I'm happy , I did not realise the nr. of posts sets the status. I will not post just to post to become senior. I know there are other things in the world now that that we are facing. I'm 67yrs old , I've been a simmer from the very start FS4 or FS5 cant remember, never spent a day without doing something with the sim. Tweaking, searching reading, sometimes buying and a lot of flying. But my family has always been more important to me than my hobbies, meaning that I always have had limited resources to spent on my sim. It took me always about 10 years after the release of the next version of MSFS FSim before I was able to buy a PC that could run that sim. So after FS2004 came out I had to wait untill 2016 before I had a system to run it as it was meant. FSX came out in 2006, only January this year I was finaly able to upgrade my PC to the required standards. Installation was a tough ride, I too ran into the 1-840001005 problem but as in my former post I managed to install FSX and Acceleration one time.

I know I'm 16 years behind but it was superb, I could not sleep of excitement of what I had seen on my screen. Now why this post? Whenever I installed one of the previous versions of FS I had the habbit of making a full backup immediately after installation. I did this after checking if it worked as specified, I made the backup on another partion of my HD. Sometimes when my scenery or textures or aircraft were totaly mixed up I allways had my 'clean-backup' to revert to. Two weeks ago I installed FSX Gold/Acceleration but just yesterday I realised that I had forgotten to make a backup of the first clean installation. After some thought I came to the conclusion that I took a risk if I did not have a backup of the initial clean setup. (I had already added FSGlobalX ,UTX-UER , UTX-USA , FSceneX , LVLd-767X, QW-B757, lowered manually the max-speed of Simobjects/Groundvehicles and some more.) So yesterday I decided to go back to a clean install, I realised that that would certainly take much time, but as we are all 'grounded' right now, time is available. So I deinstalled the above addons in the proper way: Windows/settings/programs remove, then I deinstalled FSX Acceleration, then after restart I deinstalled FSX, this all went without a problem. Many restarts were in this process. Finaly I checked the registry for 'left-overs' and everything was clean. Restarted my PC and began a new installation. After this my Sim-live changed, I reinstalled the first 2 dvd's of FSX(The Luxe) checked it first, it ran as expected. So time for the Acceleration setup. I entered hell:I could not get it past the 1-840001005 'Updating Component Registration' screen. It just stopped. I went into the registry, and followed the path:

SYSTEM navigate to here

CONTROL then to here

CLASS then to here

Highlight:

double-click: Upper Filters it must show 'PartMgr' in correct upper/lower casing only.

I found the 'PartMgr' value correctly added. In a state of panic began the proces of seeking information again. Most of the information I found I had already seen before during my first installation.

Just one hour ago I regained my strength and decided to give it one last last try ...................

Suddenly it worked , it did stop at the same point, but I decided to wait it out. Then thanks everybody after 30 min.the setup suddenly continued till the end. I started FSX Gold , I entered the required license key first, FSX compiled scenery and it started up to the wellcome screen.

I know I'm 16 years behind , but right now I'm happy to be able to participate in the never-ending FSX story and maybe become a senior member too........ stay well and regards Peter Bootes

FSX_Acceleration_Setup_fault1s.JPG

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Hello Peter, If you still want me to send you the FS9 disks please send me your address. If you do a "Site Search" (top right of this page) using piet06273 you can read the two previous messages I've sent since we got back from our camping trip. Best wishes, Max

Max thank you so much and first : best wishes for you and all of your family , let's leave this for now, I still do have my original 4 FS9 CD's that I can use allthough with the limitation that CD 4 is not completely installing. The missing Part which is : AUS.CAB I have been able to backup as a file on my HDD. I have had the fortune of being able to upgrade my pc to FSX Gold required specs. So I have started to set up my FSX as best as possible. Even if I am 14 years behind I can almost say goodbye to FS9 (not forever) now and see you in FSX. Thanks again and regards Peter Bootes

Edited by piet06273

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

'.............1-840001005 'Updating Component Registration' screen. It just stopped. I went into the registry, and followed the path: ..............'

And yes , as I allways do I also did make a backup FSX on my HDD right after finishing this clean Install.

regards Peter B.

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg