What's with all the noise outside?

Timberleaf

Has anyone else had, heard, or have the same problem as we do in our neighborhood?

With the curfews, lock-downs, closures, stay-at-home orders, no one seemingly going to work, no school, etc, that it would seem almost every neighbor insists on excessive noise, music, bass booming, rocking the streets, houses, walls... like it's one big frat party! To the point that there is NO peace? Why the excessive noise? Why can't there be quiet? Why must the noise someone else wants to make... on another street... be so loud that it shakes my house walls more than 500 ft away, like it is playing in MY living room?

In a time where REST and PEACE is not just nice but necessary, are we so afraid of quiet because we don't want to think?

Is it just me?

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Like Zippy said, it's quiet here. Perhaps it's something about your neighborhood, or perhaps some local celebration? Knowing where you are may (or may not) help get an answer.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Has anyone else had, heard, or have the same problem as we do in our neighborhood?

With the curfews, lock-downs, closures, stay-at-home orders, no one seemingly going to work, no school, etc, that it would seem almost every neighbor insists on excessive noise, music, bass booming, rocking the streets, houses, walls... like it's one big frat party! To the point that there is NO peace? Why the excessive noise? Why can't there be quiet? Why must the noise someone else wants to make... on another street... be so loud that it shakes my house walls more than 500 ft away, like it is playing in MY living room?

In a time where REST and PEACE is not just nice but necessary, are we so afraid of quiet because we don't want to think?

Is it just me?

It's so silent hear in Southampton, we hear birds singing in the morning and, if a car drives down my road, everyone points an accusatory finger...

Here in the New Forest we even protest at the noise a BICYCLE makes!

You gotta fight

for your right

to PAAARTYYYYY!!!

... even if you're doing the right thing and self-isolating, you can still look forward to partying again!

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

One of the blessings of the current situation is that we are relieved of the idiots racing up and down on their motorbikes at all hours of the day and night.

As someone said to me, the louder the exhaust, the smaller the brain!

One of the blessings of the current situation is that we are relieved of the idiots racing up and down on their motorbikes at all hours of the day and night.

As someone said to me, the louder the exhaust, the smaller the brain!

One of my pet peeves as well!

Quiet day in the garden then some smeghead on a motorbike goes past sounding like he's got a double wasp engine, you can still hear them when they're 3 miles away.

Win 7 HP 64 bit, Zalman Z9 Plus case

Asus P8Z77-V LX Mobo ,i7 3770 3.4ghz CPU

16GB DDR3 1600mhz ,GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 OC

1TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD

Our neighbors insist on parties, in the street erecting blowup slides and forts, in their front yard, in the circle of the dead end street, car after car, family after family, all continuing to get together, blaring the loud car stereos, pool-side music and get-togethers, smoking the good stuff, yelling, screaming, all outside, with high temps reaching 95 degrees as though it were summer. Unincorporated areas of the county still having bands outside, as though staying at home is reason to have a weekend party EVERY day.

So when all these people get Covid-19 after pretending they are all immune, are they then going to believe, or blame all us staying home that they got it?

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

So when all these people get Covid-19 after pretending they are all immune, are they then going to believe, or blame all us staying home that they got it?

Well, it can't be their fault they got it. THEY can do nothing wrong, after all. Just ask them. And why aren't they being supplied properly?? They deserve first dibs on everything in the world. Again, just ask them.

And, if you call them entitled little idiots, or disagree with them in any way, you must be a racist, xenophobic, Trump Supporting, moronic, offensive, asshole that deserves to be beat up...if they can find someone willing to come out of their safe place to do it.

Thank goodness the little town I live in since I moved out of Yuma is a very quiet, peaceful, place. No more Mexican Polka at zero-dark-thirty, loose fighting dogs trying to kill my pet show rabbits, illegal aliens camping on my property, etc etc. Best of all? No more having to carry firearms on my own property. I CAN, I'm just not forced to to protect my home and family.

I love it here. We are all a community, out for each other, rather than every man for himself, like Yuma is.

No parties here!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D