Adding aircraft to FSX Steam

thebadman

Hi all

Returning to FS after many years lay off. I have FSX Steam running fine on my PC. When I previously flew FSX I had an easyJet A319 as my favourite plane. I'm looking to add this to the standard suite of FSX aircraft but am struggling to find it. I can't remember the base model - it may have been Opensky but I'm not sure.

I've searched the File Library here but unless I'm being particularly thick, I can't see either the base model or the complete easyJet plane. I'm sure I must have got the plane from this site's library as I never used any other.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Something like this one?

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners FS2004/FSX Easyjet Airbus A319-111

[ Download | View | Video ]

Name: a319ezy-italycs.zip

Size: 15,752,982 Date: 03-25-2013 Downloads: 2,081

a319ezy-italycs.gif

fcq1.gif FS2004/FSX Easyjet Airbus A319-111. This is an Airbus A319-100 of Easyjet in the special Linate - Fiumicino colors, registration G-EZIW. Repaint by Mathieu Vos (APSS), model by Project Airbus.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes that would do it. However, I d/l a similar aircraft earlier and although the description said it was a complete model, in fact it wasn't. It needed the Opensky base model. My d/l was a similar file size to the one you have suggested. I used to know all this stuff 10 years ago but I forget now. Is your suggestion the full model do you know? Thanks for your help

That's great thank you Mr Zippy. I assume aircraft originally designed for sims prior to FSX will work in FSX ( i seem to recall that was true).

Thanks, and keep you and yours safe during this time.

No problem! A lot of FS2004 aircraft work well, not all though! ;)

OK so I d/l this aircraft, but I'm really struggling with the language in the readme instructions. I am familiar with adding aircraft and used to do it regularly in the old days, but I just can't understand what the developer is saying. I think he sometimes confuses "file" with "folder" making it really difficult to follow.

Are there any easy instructions on here showing how to do this?

OK so I d/l this aircraft, but I'm really struggling with the language in the readme instructions. I am familiar with adding aircraft and used to do it regularly in the old days, but I just can't understand what the developer is saying. I think he sometimes confuses "file" with "folder" making it really difficult to follow.

Are there any easy instructions on here showing how to do this?

What's the download? filename? If it's the same one that I showed earlier then:

1. Open the Effects folder, copy/paste all of the effects into your Main FSX/Effects folder.

2. Open the FSX folder of the download and copy/paste the model.cfm folder, the panel folder, and the sound folder into the Project Airbus A319-111 Easyjet - Linate Fiumicino aircraft folder, overwriting the other 3 folders of the same name.

aircraft.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

Thank you. That kind of worked, although I had to play with the sound. The steam edition asked me if I wanted to load a B737_400 dll file so I said yes. It worked once then didn't. So I edited the A319 sound file so that it pointed to the default B737_800 instead and that works.

Is there a way to add VC to the Project Airbus model and also a wing view? I'l take a trawl through the forums