FSX freezes a lot after 4 hrs flight

yannou73

Good evening,

I have a huge issue, that started a week ago and which continue to appear at every flights now and i am so sad because my fsx is great at the moment.

So i am flying long haul and at a moment it freezes for a minute or so then fly for 10 seconds then freeze for a minute then fly again for seconds and never go out of this scheme.

the fuel is going down as well while the sim is frozen...

it is unbelievable...

thanks to help me, i just need all the ideas you have, and if you need anything from me just ask

at the moment my sim is in pause with the fsx which freezes if you want me to perform some tests on the settings page.

thanks a lot

Yann

Hi what UIAUTOMATION.DLL do you have in your main folder?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Hi what UIAUTOMATION.DLL do you have in your main folder?

No computer can do four hours with a 32bit application like FSX. Exhausted memory is likely the cause.

Time to switch to P3Dv4? At least re-fill the cache...

Nothing to do with UIAutomation.dll

Is this happening with default aircraft or are you using a high memory usage aftermarket such as QW 787 or PMDG?

If you are using a aftermarket aircraft, try using a default repaint. In the case of QW 787, they are 2048 DXT5 textures. Most painters produce 4096 32 bit liveries that will push memory to the limit.

If you have FSUIPC4, it has a built in OOM memory monitor. Will start chiming when it gets close to running out.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

It will help a lot to provide basic system information:

PC or Laptop

Hard drive or SSD

if HDD & laptop: 5700 rpm or 7500?

if HDD, have you defragmented the drive in the last few months?

If PC, can you power down and re-seat the memory chips? (I recently started having erratic occurrences of complete loss of power; it stopped when I reseated the video and ram memory chips... just a thought.

here's the FSUIPC setup to show available remaining virtual memory (mentioned previously).

in the 'logging' tab enter the data from the top row (024C & S32); flying in windowed mode, you can display in the frame; the on-screen option shows in a (much-too-large for my preference) green transparent window

FSUIPC setting.jpg

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I used to get freezes until i added uiaotomation.dll granted way before 4 hours but worth a shot surely?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

No computer can do four hours with a 32bit application like FSX

Mallcott

I agree with your comment if applied primarily to long-haul flights where allocated memory for long-gone scenery might not be all released but I only fly 32-bit and I don't recall ever having a OOM error on this machine (2015 build). I certainly had a few on my previous 4Gb core-duo.

I don't fly any 2000 nm flights but I commonly have either FSX or P3d v2.5 on all day and typically stay within 500nm of my starting point. the OP's description suggested more like a difficulty with writing to the page file rather than out of virtual memory. Certainly, cleaning up a HDD is reasonable, unrisky first step.

meanwhile, the OP hasn't described his system so we're kinda workin' blind here...

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners