Panel Question

Prostock

He's saying that FS2004 aircraft don't have replaceable virtual cockpits, but (many? most?) native FSX models do have them. In FS2004 they're hard coded into the model, as I understand it.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

@Larry...You Da Man!

@Prostock

Here is an easy to understand explanation of how to do it (maybe). It uses an A321 as the example.

HOW TO INSTALL

For this tutorial we will put the default A321 VC into a Project Airbus A318...

1. Move your Airbus A321 and Project Airbus A318 file to your desktop (makes the intallation much quicker)

2. Go into the Airbus_A321/model file and copy the Airbus_A321_Interior mdl. and paste it in your A318/model file.

3. Open your A318 model.cfg and under the line showing normal=... put interior=Airbus_A321_Interior.

4. Go into your A321/Texture file and copy every dds. texture in it. Not the thumbnail!

5. Paste those dds. textures into the texture file of your choice in the A318.

6. Open the aircraft.cfg in the A318, scroll down to [Views] and change the first two numbers after eyepoint=...

from 37 to 48 otherwise you will be looking from behind the chair and not in it.

That should be it! Enjoy!

For other aircraft, follow the same steps but you might have to adjust the eyepoint so it looks right.

COPYRIGHT LAWS

I don't care if you re-publish this document as long as you give full credit to me. THE END

Instructions created by Cooper Honeyman

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I did give it a try!

Now that surprises me, coming from you!

The above Notepad check on the model is the 1st step in every VC merge tutorial I've ever read (apart from the one you just wrote down in this thread :cool:).

Use your checklists, Charlie...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Now that surprises me, coming from you!

The above Notepad check on the model is the 1st step in every VC merge tutorial I've ever read (apart from the one you just wrote down in this thread :cool:).

Use your checklists, Charlie...

Wim

What's a checklist? I have never messed with adding a vc. I was pretty sure the Camsim aircraft was fs9. Just playing around! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️