KLOU to SDF in I-NISA

A short hop from KLOU to SDF in I-NISIA a Savoia Marchetti S73. By pigeon we're talking about 5 miles, maybe. But this little hop with an old friend probably traveled 50 miles or so.;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 downwind.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7 WATCH FOR TOWERS!.jpg

8 Louisville skyline.jpg

9 17L ahead.jpg

10 on Final.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice, short but scenic hop! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks folks!! Frankly as a 60's GA and chopper guy I really never flew with 99 percent of all the "smart technology" that everyone now takes for granted.

I can't tell you how shocked I was flying an R-4 in the right, co pilot's seat, (you probably recall these planes as DC3s) I stomped on the rudder pedal and almost took the aircraft down to stall speed!!!! They called the rudder the "Barn Door" and it was so huge it'd kill a huge amount of airspeed almost instantly!!!:eek::eek:

TBTG the PIC expected this to happen as he knew I wasn't familiar with that plane!!!! He instantly dropped the yoke and called for a Go Around so we could build up enough speed to stay aloft!!

This old "friend" has many of the same flight responses. I'm so thrilled to learn to fly it in a sim, where I probably won't die if I mess up!!!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Great to learn from a RW pilot!

On the other hand by the way, 'KLOU to SDF,' SDF in French means 'sans domicile fixe' ('homeless, I think in French) :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Great to learn from a RW pilot!

On the other hand by the way, 'KLOU to SDF,' SDF in French means 'sans domicile fixe' ('homeless, I think in French) :):)

The more proper way to say it is KSDF. As in Standford Field. And both are very close to my home.

Thanks to al who looked at this series!!

Michael