Around the World Leg 29

Cape Town International (FACT) Cape Town, South Africa to Ivato (FMMI) Antananarivo, Madagascar.

Interesting approach into Ivato. The airport is in a hole! The ILS is not on a proper angle either for descent. You will see this with the Lear AI sinking into the ground on approach. I included the ILS Approach Plate. Following the ILS in FSX is not a good plan. :rolleyes:

PART 1

The Route:

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Approaching Madagascar

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

The Lear following the actual ILS

fsscr012.jpg

Definitely not right ;)

fsscr013.jpg

Please see PART 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PART 2

Had to do a manual approach. Here is the approach plate (1 of two for an ILS Runway 11)

fsscr023.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

fsscr020.jpg

fsscr021.jpg

fsscr022.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OOOOPPPPPSSSS! What did you do in Pic #11? That does not look good! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

That was the AI Lear following the FSX ILS which made it go into the ground and tunnel out the other side of the hill :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!! I just made an ILS approach to YMML using ORBX scenery. Yes, since I was prepared and the ground was pretty even, let the ILS set me down GENTLY and taxied till the mesa lost altitude then shot a landing using ILS once it was above the ground again.

The other thing I noticed that your scenery didn't show was the lake a few yards off the other end of the runway. It appears they have a very tall glass dam to contain it. SEE BELOW

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 insight.jpg

5 touchdown.jpg

6 final.jpg

7 runway.jpg

8 rollout.jpg

9 takeoff.jpg

10 tower view.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Tell us if we have to dig you out.....;):D Nice flight though David :cool::cool:, Madagascar seems to be a very nice island! :)

Thanks! All is well. The Lear popped out on the other side!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!! I just made an ILS approach to YMML using ORBX scenery. Yes, since I was prepared and the ground was pretty even, let the ILS set me down GENTLY and taxied till the mesa lost altitude then shot a landing using ILS once it was above the ground again.

The other thing I noticed that your scenery didn't show was the lake a few yards off the other end of the runway. It appears they have a very tall glass dam to contain it. SEE BELOW

Michael

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216827[/ATTACH]

h

Whoa! That is totally freaky! Is that a separate ORBX add on? I have ORBX world.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good flight to Madagascar until you went subterranean on the approach to Antananarivo. The second try was much better. I like all the AI at Cape town. Nice work. :cool: :cool: :)

Looks like Michael was saved by the miraculous holding back of the lake. Kind of like the parting of the Red Sea. :D

Larry

A good flight to Madagascar until you went subterranean on the approach to Antananarivo. The second try was much better. I like all the AI at Cape town. Nice work. :cool: :cool: :)

Looks like Michael was saved by the miraculous holding back of the lake. Kind of like the parting of the Red Sea. :D

Actually it was the AI Lear that went tunneling, I followed him on approach so I knew not to fly the ILS all the way.

Micheal’s does look like the parting of the Red Sea! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]