Twin Saitek throttle quadrants.

kaytee

Can anyone tell me how to configure two Saitek throttle quadrants in X-plane 11?

X-plane seems to recognise them as one unit, and shows a warning that there multiple axis for throttle, flaps and speed brake.

I am trying to set up (from left to right: speed brake, engine 1, engine 2, spare not in use, and landing gear.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply, I am aware of what you say. Incidentally, I mistakenly laid out the set up wrongly. The correct order is: speed brake, engine 1, engine 2, flaps, spare, and landing gear. This is the layout of the 737-800 that I am training on. I can switch from one quadrant to the other in the settings page, but the sim sees them as one unit. For example: in my post, I pointed out that the right hand lever of the left quadrant was assigned to engine 2, and the right hand lever of the right quadrant was assigned to landing gear. However, a warning message states that multiple axis are assigned to the right hand lever. It does not distinguish between the left and right quadrants. No amount of switching between the quadrants and moving levers will change that fact. I am sure there must be a way to rectify this, maybe changing a line of code perhaps. How did you set up yours to overcome this?

No idea if it makes a difference, but make sure they are plugged into their own ports on the back of the pc.

(not together in one hub. Also not in two front side Usb ports, as those are usually actually two ports from a hub as well.).

Other thought, it could perhaps depend on the driver you use. (I haven't used linux much, but I know drivers can be an issue.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea if it makes a difference, but make sure they are plugged into their own ports on the back of the pc.

(not together in one hub. Also not in two front side Usb ports, as those are usually actually two ports from a hub as well.).

Other thought, it could perhaps depend on the driver you use. (I haven't used linux much, but I know drivers can be an issue.)

Thank you for the reply. I have solved the problem, the solution may be of use to other readers of this forum.

I am using the original Saitek yoke system which comprises yoke and throttle quadrant. I recently bought two Saitek throttle quadrants which are USB interface to replace the original one which has a PS2 connector.

The problem arose because the yoke system is programmed to be recognised as one unit: yoke and quadrant. Thus, even when the original quadrant was discarded and the two new ones were connected, there were three quadrants recognised with the resulting conflict of multiple assignments to the same axes. The solution was easy once I had thought it through and realised the problem was due to the yoke set-up and not the quadrants. All that was needed was for me to re-calibrate the yoke and set the throttle axes of the original yoke/quadrant combination to ''ignore these axes''. I was then able to programme the six remaining axes to match the 737-800 that I am used to. In fact, the home sim is the only flying that I can do now in these troubled times.