How do I assign a key to an analog input range?

Hi,

I have a throttle quadrant that I sort of hacked up myself (see here). Is there a way to set up a reverse thrust range by assigning it a keypress below a certain range (it has a detent below "idle", but after calibration as a joystick, It seems that I could only have idle set to below the detent)? I would use FSUIPC, but free doesn't include the right settings and I don't need all the extras of full.

Hi,

I have a throttle quadrant that I sort of hacked up myself (see here). Is there a way to set up a reverse thrust range by assigning it a keypress below a certain range (it has a detent below "idle", but after calibration as a joystick, It seems that I could only have idle set to below the detent)? I would use FSUIPC, but free doesn't include the right settings and I don't need all the extras of full.

Assign the F2 button (the default reverse command).

Assign the F2 button (the default reverse command).

I know that that's the button, but my problem is that I can't assign F2 specifically to the throttle reverser range (or any other button). I'm trying to set up a sort of "banded mode" where I can assign the idle position at the detent and a button press for the range below that.

I might as well include a better description of the throttle if that helps anyone. It uses a saitek throttle quadrant, but the version that doesn't have its own controller board (it would go through a saitek yoke), so I wired its (throttle's) pots to the 'board of an old joystick.

This means that calibration through windows is like a joystick - it has me move an axis over its entire range, then leave it at center, then do the next axis. I noticed that if I leave the sticks at the detent when it asks me to "center" the axis, then the 50% mark is then set at the detent - upper 50% requires more movement, while lower is smaller and much more sensitive.

So I then could set the upper 50% to "normal throttle" and the lower band to a button. But, I can't find a program that has this banded mode. I think the x52 software has something like this.

Also, I'm using two separate axes for throttle, if that matters.

Did any of that make sense? :confused:

I know that that's the button, but my problem is that I can't assign F2 specifically to the throttle reverser range (or any other button). I'm trying to set up a sort of "banded mode" where I can assign the idle position at the detent and a button press for the range below that.

I might as well include a better description of the throttle if that helps anyone. It uses a saitek throttle quadrant, but the version that doesn't have its own controller board (it would go through a saitek yoke), so I wired its (throttle's) pots to the 'board of an old joystick.

This means that calibration through windows is like a joystick - it has me move an axis over its entire range, then leave it at center, then do the next axis. I noticed that if I leave the sticks at the detent when it asks me to "center" the axis, then the 50% mark is then set at the detent - upper 50% requires more movement, while lower is smaller and much more sensitive.

So I then could set the upper 50% to "normal throttle" and the lower band to a button. But, I can't find a program that has this banded mode. I think the x52 software has something like this.

Also, I'm using two separate axes for throttle, if that matters.

Did any of that make sense? :confused:

No, and neither does the absence of FSUIPC.

Sort out a single axis for the throttle, unless you mean a duak-throttle and a paid-for FSUIPC... Not optional.!

I think the full version of FSUIPC will enable you to program the throttle(s) as you require, but you're better off asking this in the Cockpit Builders forum - click the Forum button at the top of this page, scroll down to the Technical Forums and Cockpit Builders is the third one down.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I think the full version of FSUIPC will enable you to program the throttle(s) as you require, but you're better off asking this in the Cockpit Builders forum - click the Forum button at the top of this page, scroll down to the Technical Forums and Cockpit Builders is the third one down.

Oh, forgot about that. Thanks!