Covid-19

Timberleaf

As we all contract in an attempt to refrain from gatherings, as we are all stocking up on supplies, and seemingly hunkering down, I just wanted to give a heart-felt shout out to everyone in our Flight Sim community. Be strong, be safe. I know we all have questions, concerns, and uncertainty of what is immediately ahead of us amid this world wide epidemic / pandemic outbreak. Let us not panic, but be sober thinking in all situations.

With much love and appreciation to our Flight Simming community, peace to all.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all contract in an attempt to refrain from gatherings, as we are all stocking up on supplies, and seemingly hunkering down,

There's no need for the panic buying. The only reason that store shelves are sparse is because people are panic buying, though the supply chain is intact, so some folks are hoarding while others have trouble getting what they need, even just enough for a few days.

So yes, let's not panic, but do take note of a prediction made long ago:

I saw, and look! a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the

name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority

was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long

sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild

beasts of the earth.”​—Revelation 6:8.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Let's hope that all the panic buyers are also stocking up on condoms - to prevent them from producing any more a**holes just like themselves! :p

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Let's hope that all the panic buyers are also stocking up on condoms - to prevent them from producing any more a**holes just like themselves! :p

Can’t tell you how disgusted I am with the stupidity and lack of thought for anyone but themselves.

People are the threat, not the virus.

Mark Daniels

Shelves are bare here in northern Colorado and else where I guess. Here's a pic of the butt wipe and paper towel aisle.

LK5GK.jpg

Unfortunately, since everyone is buying everything up you're forced to do the same. My mom is on a cpap machine and has had a hard time getting distilled water for the machine. Luckily my sister found some at another store. I read a headline today that the police are telling people in Oregon not to call 9-11 about not having toilet paper. Unreal how stupid people are. If it came done to it, common sense says use a washcloth.

I'm not particularly concerned about the virus, but the stock market. Though, as of now I'm at a high risk of getting it. Since I'm young and have no underlining health conditions, if I do get it I should be able to weather the damn thing. But I certainly don't want it and I read it can cause permanent lung damage.

On the bright side of things, I heard from a doctor on the news that pandemics only last three months and that this virus doesn't like high temperatures, UV and humidity. So by the time May or June comes along this should be in large part a thing of the past. Though, when a vaccine does come out in about a year I may just get it because it's very possible it could raise its ugly head again.

With China manufacturing a good majority of our (the U.S.) pharmaceuticals, it would be a good idea to start making our own crap for once. As well as a hell of a lot of other things. Since I read on my SHTF/prepper forum that pharmaceuticals may be an issue going forward, I just got a three month supply. And like toilet paper and hand sanitizer, pharmaceuticals may go the way of the dodo bird in short time as well.

This whole thing is a royal PITA and I'm am getting awfully tired of hearing about the death and doom and gloom on a day by day basis.

I yield back my time and hold back on what I think of China, their lack of a USDA equivalent, etc. The 1300s called, they want a wrongful death lawsuit...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

The media has blown it out of proportion. How many have died from the flu? The main thing people need to remember is keep spending your dollars. Support the flightsim community and buy some addons. You don't even have to get out and interact with anyone. The worst thing that could happen now is if people start stuffing money under the mattress as if the apocalypse is going down. We've got to regroup and get on with life.

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

The media has blown it out of proportion. How many have died from the flu?

Here in the UK we've currently had 55 deaths compared with 10,000 who've died of flu this winter, yet TV news is Corona, Corona, Corona 24/7.

Everyone seems to have forgotten climate change, which is a much bigger threat to us all.

No! Corona BAD!

corona.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Not sure how many are familiar with this but we can all shop normally again:

We had a 1968 Toyota Corona. Nice car. And the best part is it didn't get sick... :pilot:

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The 'Social Distance' is now 6 feet. Soon it will be 16 feet. Then 26 feet? Then you go to gas station and you can't get gas because the other people there were only 20 feet away. So you pull up to the curve and (when able) go pull the 60 ft hose to your car and THROW the money at the attendant! Don't laugh - it could happen! (I am sure there are other such 'dillys' out there - coming soon - to FaceBook for one).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Since I'm young and have no underlining health conditions, if I do get it I should be able to weather the damn thing. But I certainly don't want it and I read it can cause permanent lung damage.

The main concerns are for elderly. Many people have this thing and don't ever have any symptoms. Tom Hanks is one.

The UK is even playing with a herd-immunity approach considering actually allowing the population to get it.

It's a new virus. From everything I've seen so far, unless you are elderly and have respiratory problems you are not in any great danger. Even healthy 80 years olds have come out perfectly fine from the virus. There might be exceptions from what i just stated but there are exceptions where people die of the cold and other ordinary things that don't affect the masses.

The only real concern are the idiots out there who have cleaned out the shelves.

Most people shop weekly, they already have say a week supply.

If you get isolated for 14 days, you only need to buy a little more when it happens.

If you get isolated for an extended period, you really think authorities will force people to stay at home with no essential supplies?

If you've been stocking up like crazy, you're an a-hole and pure idiot imo.

Many of the elderly can't afford to stock up. They can't compete with the rushes in stores. Goes beyond you.

We are now in a situation we absolutely should not be in.

Pathetic.

Mark Daniels

The media has blown it out of proportion. How many have died from the flu?

7,477 Covid-19 deaths as of midnight 3-16: WORLD METER - CORONAVIRUS.

Don't blame the media for reporting what the World Health Organization, scientists, and knowledgeable doctors are saying. "Happy talk" is pretty easy to recognize when you see it happening, just makes people more distrustful, doesn't help.

This reminds me of when I was a kid growing up here in Indiana, when I heard some of my young friends talking about how all their great grandparents had died during the 1918 "Spanish flu" epidemic. Back then I wondered how it must have been, what it was like, living through a global pandemic. So, it's happened before ... undertakers were busy around here in south central Indiana 102 years ago. And history repeats itself, no matter how much we want stock prices to go up. One economist said the covid-19 crisis is just the pin prick that popped an already very inflated, unsustainable bubble, which I suspect is probably a spot-on analysis.

The fact that we can't see a virus threat, don't know if we can effectively avoid the risks or not, how bad it could get, adds to people's fears. We're hard-wired to react to that, I believe.

The "B" word is coming ... Bailouts. Airlines and Boeing, in particular, have uncertain futures now. Though open talk about bailing out the cruise ship industry deserves a 'SAY WHAT?!?"

Edited by ftldave
add txt

7,477 Covid-19 deaths as of midnight 3-16: WORLD METER - CORONAVIRUS.

Uh-huh. And how many, in the US alone, died this year from the flu? I believe it was in the region of 40,000. Slight difference in fatality rates.

I haven't even gotten a flu shot in a lot of years. THIS isn't scaring me either. What scares me are the idiots panic buying, especially things they don't need. But hey, it's their choice what they buy, I suppose. I'd already stocked up years ago, so I'm good for a few weeks, before I have to start hunting my food, toting my water, gathering leaves for..welllll, you know.

The most hilarious thing I've heard about, though, is all the excessively liberal, "no-one needs a gun, the police will take care of us", types, buying up guns like mad. I guess the stores ran out of toilet paper, so they switched to guns and ammo. Scares me, though, is how well they can shoot. I would probably rather be right in front of the muzzle of someone like that. Most likely, the safest place in the area.

have fun, and stay safe, all...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I was born ALONE....and then the chickens got covid-19 and there was no chickens, so no eggs....and then cows got covid-19 and there was no meat, and no milk....and then the birds got covid-19 and there was no birds, and no singing...and then I got covid-19 and I died ALONE. So, 'What Goes Around, Comes Around'.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: 75 Million people, world wide, have died of the flu since it came out in the 1900's.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).