Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Witnessed an incident in Tesco's car park yesterday: One of those `good` people - young, female, self-entitled - drove straight into the oppsite car.

Didn't stop. Must have known she'd done it.

I wrote her reg number on a little sticker I left on the window of the victim's vehicle - by the time I got phone call the Police had already supplied her name and address to the victim, and a visit to confirm reason for visit was planned for today (Thursday).

Hopefully the Thirty quid fine will remind her of her responsibility, assuming she actually HAS insurance!

BTW UK government has excluded provision for current MOT in the current emergency. NO mention of whether this ALSO applies to the requirement for insurance in the absence of the MOT... Consider yourselves warned!

As someone who's involved in the effort to help, I've witnessed more kindness in the past two weeks, than I have in the last ten years!

Yes it's bad out there, but there's also a lot of good!

Not what I see in here (the usual bitching and moaning).

W33
    X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by W33 View Post
    As someone who's involved in the effort to help, I've witnessed more kindness in the past two weeks, than I have in the last ten years!

Yes it's bad out there, but there's also a lot of good!

Not what I see in here (the usual bitching and moaning).

W33
    So it turns out SWBIHOS (She Who Believed in Her Own Superiority) had no reason to be in Tesco's, according to The Plod, and the other party (happened to be a nurse) is now pursuing her with absolute, complete vigour... and the fine's been issued.

Hope she got Bog Roll?
    Could turn out to be the most expensive she's ever bought...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    So it turns out SWBIHOS (She Who Believed in Her Own Superiority) had no reason to be in Tesco's, according to The Plod, and the other party (happened to be a nurse) is now pursuing her with absolute, complete vigour... and the fine's been issued.

Hope she got Bog Roll?
    Could turn out to be the most expensive she's ever bought...
    I really wish I understood what this all means! haha
    Don't take it the wrong way.
    Mark Daniels

The woman who drove into the other vehicle and left the scene of the accident has been fined by the police and the owner of the other vehicle (a nurse) has made a charge against the woman. Good to know.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post

Hopefully the Thirty quid fine will remind her of her responsibility, assuming she actually HAS insurance!
    If all she got was a £30 fine then she got off pretty lightly, in the UK the punishment for leaving the scene of an accident is 5 to 10 penalty points on driving license (get 12 & you are banned from driving for 6 months) & a fine of up £5000 or imprisoned for up to 6 months!!
    Last edited by PAULCRAIG; 03-27-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Addition

Back in the 60s my aunt moved from a small Texas town to Los Angles. Within a WEEK she was doing 80 mph on the Freeways! She had never driven faster than 25 mph around that small town. Never had driven more than 5 miles either way, once a week, maybe.

They have Flying School. How ocme they don't have Driving School - that is what is needed. The worse ones are the ones driving 20 mph in a 45 mph zone, and doing it all thru the REAR VIEW MIRROR (brake to 'get em off my rear bumper', etc). So the Covid-19 virus is just ANOTHER problem - there are many others - just as obnoxious and can be 'life changing' too. The world HAS been going mad for some time now - just don't tell anyone and don't make a big fuss about it. DEAL WITH IT. Ha!
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No dog food burgers, Chuck! Bad boy! Sit!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

I am on a sea food diet. I sea food and I want to eat. I'll take that, and some Hush Puppies, too, please!
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    Back in the 60s my aunt moved from a small Texas town to Los Angles. Within a WEEK she was doing 80 mph on the Freeways! She had never driven faster than 25 mph around that small town. Never had driven more than 5 miles either way, once a week, maybe.

They have Flying School. How ocme they don't have Driving School - that is what is needed. The worse ones are the ones driving 20 mph in a 45 mph zone, and doing it all thru the REAR VIEW MIRROR (brake to 'get em off my rear bumper', etc). So the Covid-19 virus is just ANOTHER problem - there are many others - just as obnoxious and can be 'life changing' too. The world HAS been going mad for some time now - just don't tell anyone and don't make a big fuss about it. DEAL WITH IT. Ha!
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Not relevant to the situation here in the UK, but interesting.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast