Covid-19

Timberleaf

Yes it's bad out there, but there's also a lot of good!

Times of trouble you usually see the true nature of someone.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone, and I mean everyone in the U.S. and around the world must assume they may be infected, or someone they know may have the big "C" virus. With this in mind, the danger lurks every where. You don't want to possible kill your mother, father, brother, sister, grandma, or best friend! And they don't want to kill you, (we hope). The virus may also reside on inert surfaces for hours or even days: So also be aware what you touch!

So, do not mingle or congregate! Let's get this really bad movie over with.

My sister works at a nursing home in the activities department going to the stores, playing games and other things with the residents. Well, the place is now on lock down with several covid-19 infected people and many of the staff have contracted it along with my sister. She is at a hospital in an air tight room and her breathing ability is very, very poor. They made mention that they may have to put her out and use a ventilator. She's very scared and is afraid she won't wake up. I asked her if they mentioned the medication for malaria which they have but she's not wanting to take it right now out of fear of side effects. I told her that she needs to do what the doctors and nurses tell her so she can get better. My mom and dad are worried sick and my mom was crying and saying crazy things about wanting to take her place instead. My family including me have prayed. And I'm hoping you could offer a prayer as well so that my sister gets better, goes back to her job and helps the residents she cares for so very much. When she gets out of the hospital I'm going to give her a big ol' hug and buy her what ever she wants. She's into all things angels and has many angel things in her house including an angel statue outside her door. In fact, my mom asked God to send her an angel upon birth which I find is really odd. Her name is Carie and if you could offer some prayers for this marvelous woman that would be great.

Thank you.

Aaron, Carie's brother.

Thank you. It's been a water works here this morning. My sister called to tell us they are transporting her to another hospital to be placed on a ventilator. They did give here that malaria medication that I kept telling my sister about. I'm hoping she pulls through this now that she got that medication. I never saw my dad cry so much in my life. Me on the other hand, I'm just taking it one step at a time and hoping for the best. She's way too young just to die like this. She's a very kind hearted person and just doesn't deserve this at all. I fell sorry for my parents. They barely got any sleep and my mom keeps crying. As much has she's my sister, this is my parents daughter and to lose her would be very devastating to us all and my family. I never would have imagined she'd catch this damn thing.

We're all hunkering down at home and staying out of public as best we can except the occasional store run. We have a ton of food and toilet paper. I'm really hoping by Summer this God awful plague will be mostly gone. I just want life for all of us to return to normal. I want to smell the summer BBQs in the backyard and enjoy the pool we put up every year and my sister coming over.

Aaron I'm not a religious man but I've prayed for Carie and your parents today. My wife works in exactly the same job as Carie here in the UK, and her Care Trust sent her home for 12 weeks last Tuesday because she's type 2 diabetic and 'high risk' even though she has no symptoms. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering this nightmare around the world.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Aaron I'm not a religious man but I've prayed for Carie and your parents today. My wife works in exactly the same job as Carie here in the UK, and her Care Trust sent her home for 12 weeks last Tuesday because she's type 2 diabetic and 'high risk' even though she has no symptoms. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those suffering this nightmare around the world.

Thank you very much.

Would you believe my mom works at this same retirement home as the administrative assistant and she is over 60 with diabetes but she didn't want to quit work and everyone there was saying where she was at in the lobby was safest and all this. Me, my cousin who's a nurse, my Bro and dad all have been telling her to stay home. I don't want it and my dad certainly can't get it as he's also over 60. But now that my sister is in this predicament my mom is now staying home until further notice. The thing with my mom was a money and insurance thing. And I offered to pay my mom's insurance for the time being just to keep her home and safe. So hopefully she stays home now until this all blows over.

This nursing home was in the news here and in the paper due to this.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Here are worl wide stats in pic form. It is bad. But because people are not listening to, or heeding, warnings. And only 90% or better Alchohol will kill the 'C' virus. Wipes with less are useless.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Italy confirmed is '01,739' and it should be '101,739'. Sorry about typo.

Covid-19_World Wide Stats_Pg1.jpg

Covid-19_World Wide Stats_Pg2.jpg

Edited by napamule2
typo
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just remember stats are not reliable as they are for other infections like the flu.

Coronavirus stats depend on number of tests conducted. People who carry the virus may have no symptoms so don't get tested and are not included in stats. The spread is likely higher but fatality rate is lower than what stats show.

What we do know is the fatality rate for those at risk is high. We also know it does spread fast and you have a real problem when the community spread infections take hold.

In my state they are almost claiming game over and a win. Community spread infections are still low but once they start to increase, which there is a good probability they will, things will get crazy.

We should be in a full lock down but we are not. I hope in 2 or 3 weeks time this doesn't show to be a major mistake.

Mark Daniels

British Prime minister Boris Johnson who has contracted Covid-19 is now in an intensive care unit in a London hospital, he has been suffering from this for 11 days and was admitted to hospital yesterday because of a persistant high temperature.

British Prime minister Boris Johnson who has contracted Covid-19 is now in an intensive care unit in a London hospital, he has been suffering from this for 11 days and was admitted to hospital yesterday because of a persistant high temperature.

Purely a precautionary measure, if you actually read the REAL news...

No. He is SICK with the virus. He is just on oxygen, but not on a ventilator, for now. What could be more REAL than that?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I think some of you guys have been watching way too much FOX "news"..........
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I think some of you guys have been watching way too much FOX "news"..........

In the words of every sitcom character in the early '90s, and everyone in the Midwest through the rest of the '90s, "Don't go there."

Loyal FoxNews fan here for 25 some years since high school. I'm now 39. You want to debate me send me a PM. I've been debating politics and everything in between since circa 2006.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/fox-news-leads-cable-news-domination-weekly-cable-ratings

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

I've been debating politics and everything in between since circa 2006.

I was once invited onto my college debating team, but someone talked me out of it...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

NO. They reported that Thrump called it a 'hoax'.